twenty five

❤︎ chapter twenty five
cornelia street

madison and madelyn poured onto cami like pouring rain, their words of comfort like fast-coming droplets

madison and madelyn poured onto cami like pouring rain, their words of comfort like fast-coming droplets. she fell into them, and madison helped her up and gave her huge hug, maddie rubbing her back—both of them bombarding her with questions of what happened?

she tried to get the words out but couldn't, stuttering and breathing heavy and fast.

"i think she's having a panic attack," maddie said suddenly, realising that cami wasn't just drunk-crying. this was something more.

they got her into the backseat of the car and sat on either side of her. maddie calmed her with experience, murmuring soothing words to her and gently brushing her tears and hair away from her face. madison just let cami rest on her, her arms wrapped around the crying girl comfortingly.

finally, cami had calmed down somewhat. she looked up at maddie brokenly, her face a mess of runny mascara.

and in that look, maddie understood what had happened. she turned the light on in the car, and a bite on cami's neck was illuminated, bright red and painful. her legs had scratches on them.

"oh, cami—" maddie's voice broke and she felt herself starting to want to cry. "i'm so, so, sorry."

cami's lips trembled as she spoke. "i... i don't know what to do."

maddie and madison enveloped her in a hug, and the air was thick with sadness and sorrow. "do you want to go back to your apartment and see drew—"

"no." cami interrupted before she even could think about her reaction. she was so tired. "i can't see... i just need to be with you guys, okay? please?"

madison nodded. "of course, cami."

imessages

drew
im assuming cami is at your apartment maddie? she didn't come back last night

maddie
yeah, she is

drew
okay just making sure
she hasn't answered anything

madison
she's still asleep, she's just really tired
idk when she'll be up... is it alright if she's not back just yet

drew
yeah of course, i don't mind
so you guys had fun?

maddie
kind of

drew
wdym?
seen at 12:36 pm

drew
did something happen