𝟑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Sweet heavens. As soon as I wake up, panic overfills my body. I'm getting married. Me? I'm gonna have a husband! I'm gonna be a wife! Wait what? I'm walking down an aisle today. I'm too young! I wanna enjoy that single life! Oh my goodness. I am getting married. Hold up. That means honeymoon. By the end of the day, Armani Nwadike will be my husband. And I agreed to this. More on the forced side, but not the point. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm going to cry.

Breathe.

Deep breath Luxy... Deep breath. Okay, it's not working I need to calm myself down. It's 6am and I'm out here rethinking all my life choices... Breathe. I'll do my daily devotion. I know it'll peace my heart.

Romans 15:13

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

That's such a beautiful prayer. I really need to trust God in all of this. Lord, I ask for you to fill mine and my soon-to-be husband's heart with plenty of joy and peace, on this special day. Not only physically, but spiritually as well. As I go through the day Lord, I ask for your peace to abundantly flow in my heart, as well as hope, and trust in You, knowing you have great things planned for me. I want to thank you, for being my Savior, my Protector and my Confident. All praise to you, and in Your faithful Name I have said those words, amen.

Okay. Everything will be alright.

"Luxury! The hairdresser and her team will be here in-" Mother was cut off by the doorbell. Oh no no no no! I have not showered yet, and my hair looks like a bird nest. It doesn't take long before I'm in the shower, trying to visualize what my day would look like. There won't be any incidents, I told myself. Yes there will. Uh uh. There will not be any incidents today. Yes, there will.

In the Powerful name of the Lord Almighty only I say, today will go as it is meant to, full of laughter and joy.

I hop out of the shower, remembering I still have to get ready. I am excited to see my dress which is coming along with Ivory, her mom and her friend. My soon-to-be sister-in-law wants to surprise me, so I have no knowledge of anything I am about to wear, including hair, makeup and shoes.

I wrap myself in my rose silk bathrobe, and slide on my slippers, to my feet's delight. Time for my wedding transformation! I am so excited I feel like a little kid on Christmas!

♡♡♡

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. I have never seen a dress prettier than this. I don't know how she managed to, but she did it! Ivory made the perfect dress. It hugs perfectly my curves, and the bottom flows out like a flower. It has a perfect V neckline and thin straps, and the gown is embroidered with beads. It looks so... luxurious!

"Luxy come out, we wanna see it!" I hear Myriam, one of my bridesmaids, beg.

"Yes, give me a minute," I reply. I really need a minute to take it in. And with my makeup perfectly done, as well as my hair. All I need to finish up my look is the heels.

"Ivory..." I say, trying to find words to express what I'm feeling.

Through my tears, I can see her flashing a smile. She's so amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better sister-in-law.

She approaches me and pulls me into a hug, and all I manage to say— whisper, is "thank you".

I love it so much! Finally, after much begging, I get out of my bedroom to show everyone the final look. Exclamations come from everyone in the room. "How could I have known my daughter could be so pretty?!", "I need to make you my model for other designs! Drop dead gorgeous isn't even enough describe you.", "Ivory, I'm so proud of you baby! You make my daughter-in-law look like a fairytale princess."