Chapter 3

Minghao had been managing his life well, studying hard and working odd jobs to make ends meet. However, one day, everything changed when some thugs beat him up and stole all the money he had saved for his college fees. He was devastated, as he was in his last year of high school and had to pay for his college in a few weeks.

Minghao tried to find ways to earn that much money in a short time, but it seemed impossible. That's when he decided to do something desperate. One night, he saw a slightly drunk wealthy man walking down the street, and he made a decision. He would steal from this man.

Minghao felt guilty for what he was about to do, but he was determined to change his life. He didn't want to live in poverty anymore and believed that getting a good education would help him achieve his dreams. So, he followed the man, waited for the right moment, and took his wallet.

He got into college with the stolen money, but this became a habit of his. Whenever he was short of money for books or to pay his debts, he would steal from wealthy people. He never used that money on luxuries, and he never stole a large amount, but he knew that stealing was still wrong.

As time passed, Minghao started to regret his actions, but he couldn't stop. He felt trapped in a cycle of desperation and guilt.