Chapter 6

Vernon was born into a unique family. His mother was a vampire, and his father was a human. Their love was forbidden, and their union resulted in the birth of two children - a son, Vernon, who was born as a half-vampire and a daughter, Sophia, who was born as a true vampire.

Growing up, Vernon lived a relatively normal life, attending school and making friends like any other human child. His parents were careful to keep their secret hidden, and Vernon never really understood the implications of his half-vampire status until he grew older.

As he entered adolescence, Vernon began to notice that he possessed abilities that other humans did not. He was stronger, faster, and more agile than his peers. He also realized that he aged much slower than humans did, giving him a much longer lifespan. However, he didn't need to drink blood as often as his mother and younger sister did. In fact, he could go for months without needing to consume any blood at all.

Despite his differences, Vernon was determined to lead a normal life. He attended college and made friends, even though he knew that he couldn't reveal his true self to them. He tried his best to control his thirst for blood, but sometimes he would lose control and have to retreat to a secluded area to feed. Sometimes, the urge was so strong that he couldn't focus on anything else. He was terrified of hurting someone and exposing his family's secret.

Despite his struggles, Vernon continued to try and lead a normal life. He made sure to keep his urges in check, always carrying blood pouches with him just in case. He knew that he could never truly fit in with humans. Vernon was determined to find a way to live peacefully in both worlds.

Growing up, Vernon was envious of his sister's powers and abilities as a true vampire, but at the same time, he was grateful for the fact that he could live a relatively normal life among humans without raising too many questions. He struggled with controlling his thirst for blood at times, but since he didn't need to drink blood as often as a true vampire, he was able to live without exposing his true nature.

On the other hand, Sophia faced numerous challenges as a true vampire. She had to be careful not to expose her true nature to humans, as the consequences could be dire. She also struggled with fitting in and making friends among humans, as her physical abilities and characteristics set her apart from the rest. Despite these challenges, Sophia remained strong and embraced her true nature, determined to live a fulfilling life as a true vampire.

As for Vernon, he managed to lead a relatively normal life until the incident with Minghao.

Vernon's life changed forever after the incident with Minghao. He realized that he couldn't control his thirst for blood as well as he thought he could, and he had to resort to erasing Minghao's memories to protect his secret. This event caused him to question everything he thought he knew about himself and his place in the world. He was both ashamed of what he had done and terrified of the consequences if he were ever exposed.

In the end, Vernon realized that he couldn't keep his true nature a secret forever. He had to find a way to reconcile his identity as a half-vampire with his desire for a normal life among humans. But until then, he would continue to struggle with his thirst for blood and the burden of keeping his true nature a secret.