The End of a Serene Life

Scarlet sat in her room the memories of the past haunting her.  Sara sat next to her.  They sat silently as the sounds of the paparazzi rose up from under the window.  Scarlet and Sara looked at each other and seem to know what both of them were thinking about, the night of prom.  It was a beautiful night.  Sara had just arrived and scarlet couldn’t wait to put on her dress.  Still, she waited patiently as the hairdresser did her hair and nails.  Finally, it was time to put the dresses on.  The girls got up and slipped on their dresses.  Standing in front of Scarlet’s huge mirror, the girls gasped at how lovely they looked.  Suddenly the boys burst into the room.  The girls giggled and turned to faces the boys.  Mark and Josh stood with their mouths open as they stared at the two beautiful girls.  They had just walked out of the house with it exploded.  Scarlet and Sara had been orphans ever since that event.  That event made Scarlet into the cruel person that she was today.

            Meanwhile, the group was worried.  The last time Scarlet and Mark were together, it almost split the group apart when they broke up.  There was a split in favors of who was on who’s side.  This made things harder for the group to decide who they wanted to follow.  Scarlet was quite volatile, but extremely strict and sometimes cruel.  Mark was more calm tempered and kind.  The group was divided.  They had be lucky that the last time they had broken up, Josh and Jake decided to join the group as members.  They were awakened from their thinking as Scarlet slammed the door shut and stalked down the hall.  Mark followed her.

            “I don’t know what to do.” Scarlet said tearfully.  Mark responded, “We’ll just have to make our relationship work this time.”  He smiled at her and grabbed her hand.  Together they exited the elevator and into the mists of a media interest.  “Ava and drew have just exited the elevator holding hands.  This amazing film couple is together once again.  This is a once in a life time thing to see this two get back together after such a bitter break-up.” said a reporter.  Ava waved at the crowd as Drew lead her to the limo waiting outside.  As they pulled away, the media was greeted by another amazing thing, James and Jewel were together again.  Sara and Josh got into the other limo and the four headed off for dinner leaving the rest of the group behind.

            The girls were extremely tired when they came back to the hotel.  The whole day of scouting the casinos had left them exhausted.  They couldn’t wait to get into bed.  They entered the suite carefully and went to their rooms.  Scarlet got into bed with Mark’s arms wrapped around her.  Sara went to bed the same way with Josh.  They had spent the night drinking, gambling, and having fun.  Somehow they had been able to get into their room with their drunken stupor without waking the others.  Scarlet had been laughing hysterically while Mark tried make jokes.  Before they all fell asleep they thought, this is what prom night was suppose to be like.  Not the police and the fire, but the serene night of fun and maybe a few too many drinks that made them go crazy.  Not knowing it, their lives were about to be changed.  In the city of love, there was soon going to be heartbreaks.  A dark figure darted passed the doors to the balcony as Scarlet stirred and looked out into the peaceful night.

            The dark figure made it way into a dark alleyway.  It ran hurriedly down the alley stopping at a door and knocked.  “Password is Blush.” said the figure.  The door opened and the figured hurried in towards the room in the back.  Once he arrived, he took out some photos and handed them to a person behind the screen.  The figure left the club and disappeared into the night.  Behind the curtain was a young man.  “Scarlet. You never fail to impress me in you multiple relationships.  It’s funny how all of the guys are always there at your beck and call.” he said.  He took the photos and pinned them to the wall.  All of the photos on the wall were of Scarlet and one of the boys from her group.  He looked at the photos and then picked up a photo of her and whispered, “I’ve missed you Ava.”

            The next morning the group got up in a hurry.  Scarlet was going to break into a C.I.A database in order to get the information that they needed.  The Las Vegas plan was forgotten.  News had come in from hidden sources that someone was stalking Scarlet.  The group knew that her safety was important.  Without her, there would be no secret group.  The research that they found led to the surprising conclusion that her parents had left more than the multi-million dollar business, but an obsessed ex-boyfriend.  Scarlet had forgotten about the boy.  The boy who made her laugh, smile, and she broke his heart because she didn’t want to hurt him.  Now, he owned a dangerous underground business and was still in love with her.  Scarlet had the other boys to think of now.

            The danger of the problem now grew closer to the group now that they knew who was causing their leader to be in danger.  They had to be very careful compared to the stunts that they had pulled on the mission.  This was a danger could end the group from existing.