sixty-five ➵ patch-up job

"You flew that thing like a hot wheel!" Dustin laughed, crashing with El and Mike into a hug. Reese was next, pulling El into her as she took in the girl's exhausted and injured state.

    "Lucas?!"

    "What are you doing here?" he exclaimed at the sight of his little sister.

    "Ask them," Erica pointed to the Scoops employees, "It's their fault."

    "Yeah, true," Reese nodded, arm around El as she joined the conversation. "That's fair."

    "Yeah."

    "Totally true."

    "Absolutely our fault," Steve agreed, sharing a look with Reese before she looked away so they wouldn't get caught up during a time of crisis.

    "I don't understand what happened to that car—"

    Reese grabbed onto Robin's shoulders as she kept twisting towards the vehicle laying broken on the other side of the space, Dustin lifting a hand to get her attention.

    "El has superpowers."

    "I'm sorry?" Robin asked, still unable to comprehend what happened.

    "Superpowers," Steve turned back to her. "She threw it with her mind," he elaborated.

    "Come on, catch up," Reese added with a small smile.

    "That's El?" Erica looked to the girl in question who suddenly seemed a little embarrassed.

    Robin whirled to Reese. "Your El?"

    "She knows—"

    "I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy cut her brother off, talking to Robin.

    "I'm Robin, I work with Steve."

    "I've talked about her," Reese added, standing between the two sailors and leaving El in Mike's capable care.

    "She cracked the top secret code," Dustin tagged on also.

    "Yeah, which is how we found out about  the Russians in the first place," Steve turned back to the older teens, thinking they were all tugging at the same thread.

    No dice.

    "Russians?" Jonathan looked between Reese and Steve. "Wait, what Russians?"

    "The Russians!"

    "Those were Russians?"

    "Some of them."

    "What are you talking about?" Lucas' temper flared.

    "Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asked

    "Yeah, we couldn't understand half of what you were saying," Mike turned to him.

    "Goddamn low battery!"

    "How many times do we have to tell you with the low battery?!" Steve and Reese stressed to him in unison, freaking a lot of them out a little at their synchronisation.

    "Yeah, well everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?"

    "Worked out?" Erica interjected. "We almost died! You think Reese could fight them off with a pocket knife?!"

    "Maybe."

    "Probably."

    Reese rolled her eyes at the teen's answers, but slipped said weapon back into her shoes instead of it hanging out of her pocket.