2 - CVS

WHEN TARA SAID PARTY, AMELIA HADN'T THOUGHT OF THE BIRTHDAY KIND

WHEN TARA SAID PARTY, AMELIA HADN'T THOUGHT OF THE BIRTHDAY KIND. She was expecting a rave with people taking shots, not little kids and balloons. She was expecting to get ready by putting on make up and dressing up, not browsing the Barbie section at Walmart. "Do you think she will like this?" Tara grabbed a doctor Barbie and held it up in the air.

"I don't even know this kid, Tara." Amelia retorted. She took the doll from Tara's hand and dropped it into the cart. "I'm sure she'll like it."

"Yeah but the kid changes personalities fast." Tara explained. "Last week it was all dinosaurs. This week it could be Barbie, but it could also be bratz." She held the bratz doll up in the air and threw it into the cart.

"This is so stupid. This kid has enough toys, right?" Amelia asked, kicking her feet.

"Yeah. Her mom spoils her rotten. Whatever the kid wants, she gets." Amelia gave her a screw the kid look. "I know what you're thinking, Ames. We are most definitely getting the kid a gift. Her mom is even worse. Her kids better be getting gifts or it's all over."

"And you don't wish that this was all over?" Amelia threw her hands in the air.

"Like my friendship with her? Of course! But I'm too idiotic and I need her money. I'm not staying with her cause she's a sweetheart."

"No. I mean...like... don't you ever wish your life was different? Like, instead of picking out a Barbie doll for some brat, we could be doing anything else."

"What do you mean anything else?"

"Like, I could be fighting bad guys with Batman or some shit, or...I don't know! I just know I could be with the right person right now. The one for me."

"Oh? And your person that you came up with is, and I say this lovingly, Batman?" Tara started to giggle a little bit.

"That was just the first thing that came to my mind! It doesn't necessarily be Batman. It could be like an astronaut or something."

"Or a cowboy." Tara picked up a cowboy Barbie. "Save a horse, ride a cowboy." She sung.

"Why the hell would I want to be with a cowboy?" Amelia groaned. "The only cowboy I'm willing to accept is Rango."

"Mmm and Puss in Boots." Tara smirked. "Hey, come on. Lighten up a bit. In all seriousness, if it makes you feel better, no I don't wanna be here either."

"Yeah but—"

"Come on, let's go pay and head to the party."

The party was Mario themed. Amelia noted the big blocks and balloons in their magnificent front lawn. The back consisted of a ton of little kids playing around and in the pool, splashing left and right. There were parents tanning on the sides of the pool in lawn chairs, reading and gossiping.

Tara and Amelia sat the gifts on a giant table next to the barbecue and sat in chairs. "I'm gonna try to tan." Tara said, playing with her red hair.

"Okay. I'll just be here...looking around." Amelia said awkwardly. Tara nodded and placed her sunglasses on her face and took off her shirt and shorts to reveal her bikini. She laid back and relaxed her muscles. Amelia sat down and laid next to Tara, but instead watched other people. She watched adults flirting with each other and kids throwing toys around in the pool.

Eventually, Amelia got thirsty, her throat because dry and painful. She groaned as she sat up and headed by the cooler off to the side to get a drink.

As she made her way, she felt a boy slam into hers. She looked up a blonde woman holding her hands together over her mouth. Amelia looked down to see a big shard of glass in her hand, wine all over her shirt, and a glass crushed on the floor. "Fuck me! I'm so sorry!" The woman apologized. "We can get you cleaned up!"

The woman pulled Amelia inside and the two women went to get a first aid kit. When they came back, one woman gave her a shirt and the other opened the kit and gasped. "Sorry, sweetheart. No Band-aids. But I know there's a CVS a couple of blocks down."

Amelia thanked the women and decided to head to the CVS. She used her old shirt and wrapped it around her hand and wore the other shirt one of the girls gave her. It wasn't ideal, as it had the words 'mommy pig' on it and had the famous mom from 'Peppa Pig'.

Who the hell doesn't have band-aids in their first-aid kit? Amelia thought to herself as she made her way inside. She looked around for the aisle with the band aids and headed toward that section. She noticed people giving her weird looks as the passed by.

She usually didn't care what people thought of her, besides Cal. But she was so pissed off and had such a rough day, she just wanted to go home.

She grabbed a box of 'Peppa Pig' bandaids and went to the aisle over to join the check-out line.

Then it happened.

(4.19.23)

Woooh a new chapter! I was on the move so I had to hurry this one up so apologies for it being short! This one was kind of all over the place. I didn't really know what to do with it. I just need her and Jack to interact so yeah haha
Anyways make sure to vote and comment! I love you all and have a fantastic day!

[949 words]