9 - agent colada

THE STATESMEN BUILDING WAS BIG AND FELT LIKE ANOTHER DIMENSION

THE STATESMEN BUILDING WAS BIG AND FELT LIKE ANOTHER DIMENSION. The medical bag was wide and sleek. She had took a seat on the bed and examined the room before another woman came in. "Hello, Amelia. Remember me?" She asked.

"Yeah. You came to my apartment right?" Amelia asked for confirmation.

The woman gave a big smile as she grabbed her stethoscope. "Yeah. I'm Ginger Ale." She said.

"So when do I get to have a sick codename like that?" Amelia joked.

"You know, you totally could get one. After what Champ's heard of you, I think he's seriously considering it." Ginger Ale replied. She checked her heartbeat and cleaned Amelia's wounds. "But..know that..." she paused, trying to form the right words. "It's hard..what we do. This life you had, you'll never get back if you join the Statesmen. You will quickly become a target." She could see the puzzled expression Amelia had on her face. "Just.. I know we don't know each other very well, but promise me you'll think about it."

"I promise I'll put thought into it." Amelia said.

There was a knock on the door and the door slid to reveal Tequila. "Champ wants to speak to you." Ginger Ale started to make her way to the door. "No, not you. You." He pointed at Amelia. She was confused, for she didn't even know the guy. But nonetheless, she decided it was worth a shot.

Champ's office consisted of a long dining table with a ton of different alcoholic beverages in the middle of it. "So." He started. "You must be Amelia King, right?"

"How did you know my name?" She didn't think Jack talked about her enough for people to remember her full name.

"We've been keeping tabs on you for a while." He replied. That explained why Ginger Ale and Tequila knew where to find her. They were agents after all. "Now, you're probably wondering why I brought you in here. Miss, my name is Agent Champagne, but as you can see everyone calls me Champ, and you should start calling me that too."

"I'm sorry. I should start calling you Champ?" She repeated, not necessarily following along.

"Miss King, you have shown great strength psychically, mentally, intellectually, and spiritually. You have been have to keep your nerves and fight for not only your life, but Agent Whiskey's and Agent Tequila's life as well. You claim you've never used a gun and you were able to aim perfectly. That's the kind of resilience and quality we here at the Statesmen like to take pride in with our agents. And, if you would like to, you could join us in this pride." He poured a bottle of champagne, which was rather fitting.

"You're asking me to join the Statesmen?" Amelia asked again.

"Well it's your decision but we would love it if you were to." He smiled. He raised his glass and took a sip.

Amelia didn't need a single reason as to why she shouldn't. "Absolutely. I would be honored to."

"Then meet us here at 7:30 tonight. Jack will be your date. Until then, have a good rest of your afternoon." Champ said. Amelia thanked him and shut the door.

She turned to be faced with Jack and Ginger Ale giddily smiling. "What was that about?" Ginger Ale asked, eagerly.

"Champagne—champ— asked me to join the Statesmen..and I said yes." Ginger Ale squealed as Jack looked pissed.

"Isn't this great, honey?" Amelia asked Jack.

"No. It's not." He said, clearly unhappy. He turned and left the two girls.

"Don't be upset with him. No one never really knows why he does the things he does." Ginger Ale said. "In the meantime, get some rest I overheard the time and the thing and I'm so excited for you! I won't be the only female agent."

"What's the reason as to why I need to be here at 7:30? Do you know?"

"Initiation!" Ginger Ale smiled. "Now go, go, I'll see you tonight."

Amelia headed to the garage where Jack sat in his truck. "Hey, can you take me home?" Amelia asked. "Apparently I need to get ready for tonight. Wow, this is so exciting, you know? Just the kind of adventure I needed in my life."

"No. It's not." He said, turning the key in the ignition.

"What's your deal? I thought you would be happy you asshole." She settled in her seat.

"I just wish you would've thought about it or told me about it beforehand. Not that you need my permission, but darlin, this job is dangerous. You almost died with Cal, I don't know how I feel doing this."

"You're right. I don't need your permission. So, why should I have told you about it? This was my decision and I chose to do this and if you can't except that, then I'm sorry but suck it up."

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I'm being bitter." He kissed her forehead. He backed up the truck from the garage and they made their way onto the dirt road. "I'm so happy for you." He turned on the radio to see 'Cigarette Daydream' once again. "Looks like our song's on." He smirked.

"Yeah. Looks like it." She smiled as they sang together.

That night was amazing to Amelia. She grabbed her glass of champagne just like everyone else. "I would like to toast to Amelia King, who is now Agent Colada! Amelia, May you have a fantastic time here with us at the Statesmen!"

Everyone yelled cheers and soon enough they were on the dance floor. Ginger Ale and Amelia swung to the music while Tequila and Whiskey, who were both drunk, got low on the floor.

Everything was perfect. It was a beautiful night and everything was going according to plan. At least for now.

(6.21.23)

Lmaoooo imagine writing this crappy chapter. 💀

Sorry for this being so incredibly short. This is kind of like the epilogue for act 1. As you guys can see, I've decided to do kingsmen.

Also secret invasion comes out today!!

[1013 words]