Chapter 12: Back to the City!

On a warm, sunny day, Jaune was driving back to Red Grave City. As his car traveled on the asphalted road, he looked at the road map in his hands, trying to understand the directional parchment he got from Morrison.

In Remnant, he's more used to a scroll's driving map app than an actual piece of paper because the apps use the internet, Wi-Fi, telecommunication towers, and previously updated aerial images. However, Earth doesn't seem to have developed such technology...yet.

He looked up ahead, noticing the clearview highway sign: Red Grave City 106 Miles.

Jaune sighed.

"At least I'm going in the right direction," He said.

As he drove, he could hear the sounds of roaring engines. He looked in his rearview mirror, noticing three black convertibles speeding up to him. However, as they got closer, he could sense there was more to the passengers.

Soon, Jaune created three duplicates, and one took a parchment scroll. In seconds, they flew off and were near each car.

At the first car, Jaune (D1) landed on the hood and created a long blade of purple lightning. Then, he quickly stabbed the three "people" in their hearts, killing them. Soon, demonic power left their bodies and went into Jaune (D1). As the car kept moving, he leaned over and picked up the driver's corpse. With the foot off the gas, it began to slow down.

At the second car, Jaune (D2) landed in the car's central console. He places his icy hands on the shoulder of the passenger in the front seat and driver's seat. In seconds, their bodies were frozen. As Jaune (D2) took his hands away, they shattered into small bits of ice. Soon, the demonic power left them and entered him. As the car slowed down, the passenger sitting in the middle seat looked angry. His eyes glow yellow as a bone blade protruded out from his arm. He tried to stab the duplicate, only for him to catch the blade with his bare hand. Soon, the ice traveled from his hand to the blade. In time, it spread to the passenger and his companions, freezing them. Jaune let go of the frozen blade arm, leading to the passengers automatically shattering.

At the third car, Jaune (D3) landed on the trunk of the car. Creating two swords of ice, he quickly beheaded the backseat passengers. As the demonic energy left their bodies and went into him, he quickly stabbed the backs of the headrests, killing the others. As more demonic energy went into him, he took the corpse away from the driver's seat, causing it to slow down.

After defeating the enemies, the duplicates brought the cars together. In time, Jaune (D1) took out a scroll and unfurled it revealing a painting of a purple mountain and a tranquil, flowing river. Soon, the painting began to glow. In seconds, the cars were transferred into the painting, courtesy of one of Jaune's powers.

Originally, Jaune thought that the power he got from the demon in the painting allowed him to go into paintings. Recently, he tried testing the limits of that power. From those tests, he discovered there was more to the power. It gave him the ability to store items in paintings as well.

With that done, the duplicates flew back to Jaune. After leaving the scroll in the front passenger's seat, the duplicates were absorbed by Jaune, giving him demonic power from the slain foes.

Jaune had a determined look as he gazed at the open road, intent on returning to Red Grave City.

(A/N: I do not own this image or Devil May Cry.)

Intro:

Jaune is seen walking the streets of Red Grave City at night. He wears a long white overcoat with his hood up.