3: Hunt for Dragons! (And Friends)

I Love the chapter title for this one. Lets get to it.

—————

"Do we have to go right now?" Luffy whined, dragging his feet to the common room.

"Yes!" Sabo said impatiently. He was already waiting for his brothers at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his foot on the carpeted floor.

"But 'Bo," Ace groaned, running a hand through the rat's nest known as his hair, "it is six a.m.!"

"Come on! Let's explore the school!"

"Can't we do that later?" Luffy whined, "Lemme sleep! Sabo's so mean-"

"We can look for dragons," Sabo pulled his trump card.

"Come on Ace! Exploration is on!!" Luffy suddenly shrieked, exhaustion completely forgotten as he started running down the stairs.

Sabo was smirking evilly. Ace glared at his blonde brother, but he wasn't really upset. He wanted to see if there was anything cool in this place too. Although he doubts dragons would be here. Maybe he could visit the kitchens, the kitchens were usually open for anyone back in Grandline.

The three of them left through the portrait hole - Luffy shouting a 'good morning' at the startled Fat Lady - and they pranced off. Luffy touched and examined every single thing he came across; he greeted and poked the paintings, climbed walls, pressed his face against windows, barged in and out of classrooms, you name it he's done it. Ace half-heartedly told Luffy to stop messing with things once or twice, but quickly gave up as he was still out of it from being up too early. Sabo merely watched his little brother create chaos and ignored the older ones complaints. Occasionally, he would pause and tap at a wall with his wand, or stare at it for a solid few seconds with a thoughtful look, but then shrug and walk away.

Luffy was having fun, but things quickly got boring. The paintings all got either annoyed that they were woken up or pleasantly surprised at his existence. One of them talked about how they never thought Grandline was a real school, which was stupid so Luffy left quickly. Every classroom looked the same, even if there were small differences they were still too similar. In Grandline, every teacher got a class for themselves, and every teacher was vastly different, so every class looked different. Here, everything was so boring and plain!

And worst of all, there weren't any dragons! What stupid castle school is this?!

"Sabo," Luffy huffed, "There aren't any dragons!"

"Well, I might have figured out something more interesting than dragons," Sabo mused.

The black-haired brothers stopped walking. They only just realized the blonde was a few doors behind them, staring at a wall with great interest. They quickly scrambled back and stood next to him. They blinked at their brother simultaneously, waiting for him to continue.

"There's an Unplottable room in this place," Sabo said.

The brothers started picking their noses and asked: "What's that?"

"A room that can't be recorded on maps and such," Sabo explained patiently, "Not even by magical means. There's usually a specific mechanism to unlock them, and it's usually something dumb or simple."

"Where is it?" Ace demanded.

"Right in front of us," Sabo replied, "Ya can only feel some lingering traces with Observation Haki, but not enough to know it's there."

Luffy laughed. "Gee, you're amazing, 'Bo!" he exclaimed, looking excited. Their brother had studied and expanded his magic and Haki powers greatly, ruthlessly training since day one. All three of them were powerful, but Sabo's magical capabilities always exceeded the other two's. It's why he had more of a connection with his wand and studies than them. It was also probably the fact that he didn't have the wandless powers like they did. He felt like he had to be at an equal advantage with them.