4: So There Aren't Any Dragons...

"Hi, Old Man Whitebeard!" Luffy greeted.

"Pops!" Ace cheered, somehow louder than Luffy.

"Head Whitebeard," Sabo said, bowing his head respectfully, "You scared us a bit."

Whitebeard laughed his weird laugh. "You brats! You're meant to be in class right now, aren't you? Stop spoiling our school image!"

"Pops!" Ace said joyfully again, ignoring what he said completely. He ran at the old man. "I missed you!"

Ace launched himself at the Head, — Albus and Scorpius staring in shock at the athletic expertise — who caught him just as he got close. The freckled man struggled in his grip a little before settling in comfortably and grinning at the old man. Whitebeard grinned back and laughed.

"Everyone else miss you dearly, including I," Whitebeard said, voice rumbling with fondness, "Marco does the most."

Ace's ears turned red, and Sabo grinned teasingly. From the corner of his eye, Luffy saw Albus' brow raise slightly.

Marco and Ace are an odd pair. Luffy knew that they liked each other for a long while. Their powers were similar; Marco had a rare power that gives him the powers and traits of a phoenix. He had wings with bright blue feathers, he could set himself on fire without harming himself, and he could heal others with his flame or his tears. He was real strong, even if he looked like a pineapple in Luffy's opinion. Him and Ace didn't grow up together, but they were close, and then one day got closer than ever before and boom, they were dating. 

Anyways, Luffy found everything about them hilarious, mainly because Ace still didn't seem used to Marco's affection at all, even if they were together for two years by now. If Marco so much as gave him a kiss on his cheek, Ace would turn red like a strawberry, trip, or set something on fire. Sometimes all at once.

"T-tell him I miss him too," the freckled man murmured, and Luffy cackled loudly. That made him earn a glare from his eldest brother, although it was ineffective as his ears got redder. A flame sparked on his hat, and Luffy laughed even louder.

After Luffy had managed to calm down, Whitebeard's eyes slowly moved to the two Hogwarts students. They both shrunk slightly at his gaze. The old man's eyes glowed with curiosity.

"You two must be some Hogwarts students!" he said calmly, "May I know your names?"

"Right, sir," Scorpius blurted, "My name is Scorpius Malfoy."

"Albus Severus Potter," Albus introduced himself. Then they both gave a small bow as they had seen Sabo do. It seemed to have pleased Whitebeard, as his gaze turned cheery towards the two.

"Very nice, boys!" he said, approving of their respectfulness, "And my, a Potter and a Malfoy. How odd!"

"What's odd about it?" Albus immediately defended. Scorpius looked a little green at his friends outburst.

But to the two of them surprise, Whitebeard merely chuckled. "Nothing at all! You've got some interesting families, that is all. I've met a Malfoy before, they weren't the brightest. And I've only heard of the Potters, what cheery folks!"

"Hey, hey, are they strong?" Luffy asked excitedly.

"They were," Whitebeard rumbled, an easy grin on his face, "Almost as strong as me!"

Luffy wowed loudly at the fact. Sabo looked slightly amazed. Ace, however, was shaking his head and frowning.

"But never stronger," he said determinedly.

Whitebeard smiled at his son, chuckling lightly. Finally, he had put him on the ground next to his brothers. The old man cleared his throat and looked at the five of them carefully. Luffy felt like he knew what was coming.