Chapter one

Author's note: This story is only made by D.A (aka @rainbow_fanatic_ formally @IAmOnRainbowPatrol) J.K Rowling owns the Harry Potter characters though I may add my own! :) 

Dedicated to @Niallschocolate for making such an awesome cover! Thank you so much!! :D

**

Oh my Merlin. Oh my freaking Merlin this cannot be happening! Oh my god. Not again.

'Neville? Are you okay?' A voice beside me suddenly appeared, dazed and dreamy-like. This voice was too familiar. Her voice was too familiar.

I sighed and opened my eyes. I tilted my head to face her, shifting positions on the comfy white bed.

‘I’m alright, Luna. How did you even get into the Hospital wing anyway?’ I asked with my best stern voice.

She held up a thin wispy looking cloak.

‘Harry lent me his cloak of Invisibility and Hermione was awfully too nice to make a distraction for Madam Pomfrey so I could visit you.’ Luna said casually -as if it was an everyday thing- and most of the time it was.

 I cracked a smile. Knowing Luna, I was way too used to her and her surprises.

‘Okay but…but why are you here?’ I knew what was coming next…

‘I know what happened to you earlier today. I just wanted to come over and talk with you for a little bit.’

And there it was. Again. For possibly the millionth time Luna Lovegood was always had my back, been my partner in crime, the Ronald to my Harry, the Fred to my George- my best mate.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Luna I really do. And not in that way of course, she’s just my best friend. Possibly my only friend at that. I mean besides Ginny. Luna and I usually hung around with Ginny but for some weird reason, she’s been hanging around a lot more with Harry and the others. I mean the way I look at it Luna and I were hurt, seeing her talking a lot more without us there. I always thought that we would be the three best friends forever, the Silver trio for life! Going to the ministry and taking care of baddies! But I guess I thought-

‘Neville? Are you there?’ A voice snapped me back to reality.

‘I’m sorry what?’ I focused on Luna’s silvery grey eyes that when you look hard and long enough, could spot some flecks of blue or green that one could get lost in for a very long time…

‘Neville? Neville you’re drifting away again! I can see it in your eyes!’ Luna said airily. ‘Please, look at me when I’m speaking, Nevs!’

‘Well look who the big hypocrite is now, Loony.’ I teased.

‘Seriously, Neville! We need to talk about this or it could take forever…’

‘Okay, okay. I’ll explain…’ I started. ‘Today I had Potions with Seamus and we both ended up almost dying.’

Luna nodded her head like she was the one used to this news…which she was.

‘It all started because Seamus and I weren’t focused and ended up mixing up double the ingredients together and well…’

‘Kaboom?’

‘Yep kaboom…Explosions and searing heat everywhere…Almost all of my hair was burnt off but luckily it grew back while I spent most of the day stressing about it here in the Hospital wing.’

‘Is that it?’

‘No…well Snape sort of gave Seamus and I double-detention…’

Luna looked at me as if to say ‘And?’

‘Well…it maybe was for…’ I looked over at the passed out sleeping form of Finnagan in front of me. ‘A week…’

She remained motionless and stared me down. Damn those intense eyes of hers!

‘Ok well maybe…a month.’

More staring.

‘Or two…or three?! Ok fine it was three!’

Luna’s eyes grew wider than they already were.

‘Yeah I know…first time, ey?’

‘Neville! Neville I am going to kill you when you get out of this Infirmary and then you are going to return here again but stay here for three months!’ Luna hissed. ‘I am so mad! Seriously, Nevs how-‘

Who ever knew I would be saved twice in a day by Madam Pomfrey? This is a new standard even for me! She rushed over and shooed Luna away while screaming No visitors! No visitors! I almost peed my pants laughing if it weren’t for the deathly glares Luna was sending my way.

I never knew that a girl wearing radish earrings and a butterbeer cork necklace could look so scary. 

**