Chapter Seven- Thoughtless Impulse

Hi! Thanks for waiting for me to update, and I hope you enjoy this next chapter. Let me know how it was ^_^

Chapter 7- Thoughtless impulse

"Kakashi… I'd heard you were here," Kana said, with a slight smile. “Tied to evil, maybe, but inside, I’m still me!”

"Yes well, Naruto is on my team. Afraid you got here a little late, kid," he replied casually.

"Kakashi-sensei… you know this kid?" Naruto speculated.

"We're acquainted."

Itachi looked from Kana to Kakashi, then from Kakashi to the other people here. So it was Yamato, Sakura, what looked like Inoichi, Chouza and Shikaku's three children, and a pale faced, dark haired boy whom he had never seen before. Kana's eyes flickered towards Itachi, whose face showed no trace of emotion. It reminded her disappointingly of the old days. She thought she had been able to soften him up a bit. Maybe not.

"We… can't let you leave," Kana said blankly. "We have orders to kill you all and take the nine-tails with us. And by the looks of you all, it won't be too difficult."

"I see." Kakashi turned and proceeded to mutter for a few moments to his team mates, occasionally glancing back at Kana.

"Right," he whispered, "To be honest, the kid has a point. In our current state, we can't hold off against two more Akatsuki right off the bat. Itachi is ridiculously powerful, and Kana's not too shabby either. I have reason to believe that she's a good fighter."

"What?" Naruto hissed. "That girl is nearly as tough as Itachi?"

"Don't be fooled by appearances…"

"When you've done planning, we'll be taking the nine-tails with us," Kana said pointedly, and readied her kunai in her hand.

"Right then. I'll go first," Kakashi nodded. His team mates were in no rush to object.

"Itachi… stay out of this," she said, now excited. It had been a while since she'd been in a proper fight. She cracked her knuckles and smiled, a new conviction. No, she wouldn’t kill them, but…

"Well, might as well start big," Kana said sardonically. She clapped her hands together and concentrated her chakra.

"Lightning stream!" she said forcefully, and bolts of lightning shot out from her hands at all angles, travelling faster than the speed of sound. "More power… come on!" the streams got even faster, and there was no way Kakashi could dodge them by normal means.

"Geez, I'd better act fast!" he muttered, and disappeared underground with an earth-style technique.

"That doesn't matter… I don't just know lightning jutsu, you know." Kana thought for a moment, then decided to just go for the clear, dynamic and simple approach. She punched the ground with all her power, sending a shockwave though the Earth's surface and created a large fissure, exposing a completely shell-shocked Kakashi underneath.

"Now what? He can't hide from me…" she muttered.

"She certainly is powerful," the dark haired lad commented. He looked a little sallow and was surprisingly blank-faced given the situation.

"Yeah, and even Kakashi's having trouble with her!" Naruto growled.

"Kana…" a faint voice sounded.

She looked up, seeing Itachi next to her, with his hand on her shoulder, using her for support.

"Itachi, what the heck?" she said shakily, suddenly wavering in her nerve. Something was wrong. Something was really wrong.