❄️~°•5•°~❄️

~°no one's POV°~

Later that day, back at the dorm, Red and Justin sat on the couch, sitting in silence, as Red tried to process everything.

Red whimpers softly, "th-this can't be..." she says. Justin on the other hand, held her close "hey, it's going to be ok, I'm sure you'll be able to stay here-" "and what do you know you dumb dog?!" Red said, angrly, as her quills flared up.

Fortunately, Justin moved his hands away on time. As Red continued on "I should have never listened to Marie! I should have just stayed home like you suggested! But NO dumb little me decided to go with HER and now look at me!" She said through tears as she ranted, before crying more.

"this is All my fault..." she whimpered more, before she lay on the other side of the couch, and away from him.

"I-I'm so s-sorry... I can't stay here..." "Red-" "no! Justin, I'm a danger to you." Red stated as she got up.

Justin followed "Red, it's only hormones! Sure there increased tenfold by the pregnancy, but it's nothing to be scared about, besides, I can handle a few quills even if they are tough to take out." He said before sighing, already seeing Red taking out folded boxes and her suitcase.

"Here, at least let me help... it's the only thing I can do so you don't have to leave your final days here with regret." Justin says softly, making Red pause with her back towards him, before she sighs and looks down, her quills relax a bit.

"O-ok..." she says softly, nodding , before sighing softly, as Justin smiles softly and nods before he starts unfolding boxes and taping up the bottoms of the boxes. While Red focused on getting her clothes folded, and put into her suitcase.

While Justin went to get packing tape and started taping bottoms of boxes, and helped gather all of Red's stuff.

Justin sighs as he puts pictures and photos of all of their adventures in a box, "Red it doesn't have to be like this, you can live with me and mom, and not have to worry about anything, free living until the little one is born" he smiles as he tries to pick the mood up, but as he looks at Red, he falters a bit before sighing.

Red puts her clothes away, sniffling and rubbing her tears away. "What's The point of staying if I'll just be a problem, Justin? I mean,who wants to deal with a pregnant porcupine anyway?" She said while zipping up her suitcase, after her clothes were all packed. Before she looks at him.

Justin's ears droop slightly as he stares back at her.

She sighed and looked away feeling guilty. "I'm sorry Justin, but I already have my mind set..." "so this is a bittersweet goodbye then?" Justin questions before she nods "I believe so..." she looks down as they sit in silence for the rest of the time of Red packing her stuff. Not one word said. It was inevitable, and Red knew...

~°•time skip•°~

It was now night time, as Red got ready to leave.

Sighing as her and Justin packed the last of her stuff into the car she's renting, "are you sure that going back to happy tree town is the best? What if you get killed during your pregnancy?" The male dog asked as Red slammed the back door.

She looks at him with tears "I know... But Jay, but... I just... I- ugh!" She groans in frustration as she leans against the car. "Twelve weeks... Justin I'm twelve weeks pregnant by a man I, so, drunkenly met all because of Marie and her stupid friends! Justin I'm 20 years old! I'm not ready to be a mother- ah!"

Her ranting was stopped, as Justin hugs her tightly and petting her head down to her lower back, ignoring the stinging of her quills sticking into his arm. "You are more than ready Red, don't you ever doubt yourself all because you aren't sure whether you're ready or not..." He says softly.

Red tears up more, and hugs him back, before crying into his chest. "I'm going to miss you so much, Justin..." She mumbles into his chest, as Justin rests his head on top of her's and sighs softly.

"I'll miss you too, quills" he says as tears well in his eyes, before he lets go, and looks at her, holding her shoulders, wiping away her tears before walking with her to the driver side door and opens it for her "Red, be careful in happy tree town... I don't want to hear that you've died..." He says.

Red looks at him and smiles softly, but sadly, "I know, but for now, this is goodbye" she says as the car engine roars to life. "But I don't like goodbyes... Only see you later." She smiles one last time, before closing the car door and drives out of the college parking lot.

Leaving behind her hopes and dreams, as she drives of to start her new life, her new future, with the small package she's carrying.

~°• few hours time skip •°~

~° Red's pov °~

After stopping at a gas station, I sigh.

"well, it's after midnight, I should probably find a place to stay at for the night. But what places- well, there might be a few motels around, so if I can find one, then I should reach happy tree town by Friday night, so it's a good thing that I didn't sell the house after mom passed away." I thought aloud.

before jumping a little at the sound of the gas pump flicking off. I sighed before getting out of the car and putting the pump up.

Getting back into the car, and diving off, I turned on the radio, listening to music as the nighttime nature, becomes a blur in my vision as the car comes up to speed.

Humming softly to the song, I started to think 'maybe... Things won't be so bad, maybe being a mother can help me be a better mother than my own? Ah but then what would happen if they have no one left? What if they don't make friends in time?'

I shake my head lightly, "no that's stupid... Don't think like that Red, stress isn't good... But even then, I hope I run into someone familiar..."

I smile slightly, as the trip home, is a long road.