Chapter 1: Accidentally Transmigrated into a Fool

On the first day Gu Jingyao traveled through time, she knew she was not favored.

  She was very ill and burned hot all over. The woman who was as beautiful as a fairy sitting beside her bed was crying to her, looking very sad. But when there was no one around, Gu Jingyao clearly heard her sighing in a low voice: "If she were to die now, it would save me the trouble."

 This is her real mother! No wonder the original owner didn't make it through. It's really pitiful to be expected to die early by her own mother at such a young age.

 But Gu Jingyao didn't want to die, she was unlucky in a car accident, and finally got to live again, she cherished the opportunity to breathe again. No matter how difficult the situation was, she still felt that it was better to be alive than to be dead.

"I can't die!" Gu Jingyao closed her eyes and gritted her teeth through a severe headache. At this moment, she faintly heard someone crying and pleading by her bedside, "Madam, please invite another doctor to take a look at Fourth Miss. The fever is getting worse and it might not be good."

"Chen Mama, please get up," said her beautiful mother, as she slightly closed her eyes, tears streaming down her face, looking heartbroken. "I understand your heart, and I also hope Jing'er can get better soon. But the doctor has already come, and the medicine has been given, but there is still no improvement. I think this is fate. My poor daughter, she is so young..."

What the hell! Gu Jingyao, who was lying on the bed and couldn't move, was shocked. She was still breathing! Why is her mother crying as if she's already dead? What's going on? Can't she just see her getting better?

"Madam, Madam!" The bedside made a continuous thumping sound, as if someone was knocking their head hard. Gu Jingyao heard Chen Mama crying out, "I beg you, Can you please ask Lord Hou to bring a doctor from the Imperial Hospital to see Fourth Miss? When Eldest Miss caught the wind and cold last month, the imperial physician she hired was very skilled in medicine, Can you invite him again to see Fourth Miss?"

"Useless, it's all useless..." Gu Jingyao heard her mother mournfully whisper, "Jing'er, this is fate. Your fate is unfortunate, and so is your mother's..."

She didn't respond to Chen Mama's pleading by the bed and only saw her mother's graceful figure leaving, with Chen Mama crawling on her knees behind her, trying to catch the hem of her veil.

But she didn't turn back, not even once...

Thankfully, Chen Mama didn't give up. She quickly got up, couldn't even wipe her tears, and hurriedly picked up a heavy wooden basin to place it by the bed. Then, she opened Gu Jingyao's clothes and repeatedly wiped her body with cold water.

Very good! Gu Jingyao silently thought before passing out again. It was useful to physically cool down during a high fever, and Chen Mama was working so hard. She had to try her best to hold on and get through this...

When Gu Jingyao opened her eyes again, the stars were shining in the sky. Enduring the torture of a serious illness since transmigrating made her feel exhausted, not just physically but mentally as well.

Now, she was called Shangguan Jing, the Fourth Miss of the Marquis Wu'an's mansion. She was the youngest daughter of Marquis Wu'an and his wife, and also their shame. The original owner, that poor little girl, had already fulfilled her mother's wish and forever closed her eyes, not even reaching the age of nine. It was truly pitiful...

Shangguan Jing's father, Shangguan Yi, was a famous jade-faced warrior of the Great Zhou Dynasty, with many military achievements and a handsome appearance. Her mother was also a famous beauty in the capital city. After getting married, the couple had an excellent relationship, and their eldest son, Shangguan Mufeng, and eldest daughter, Shangguan Luan, seemed to have inherited all of their parents' excellent genes, possessing both talent and beauty. making their parents proud.

As for Shangguan Jing, she was like a burden specially sent by the heavens to trouble Shangguan Yi and his wife. She was born as a fool, and even at the age of five or six, she still couldn't speak properly and would cry and make a scene when she got nervous.

At first, Shangguan Yi and his wife were patient and took great care of their daughter, who was born with defects. But as time went by, they lost their patience. They consulted countless doctors and gave her various medicines, but her condition did not improve. They began to avoid her gradually whenever possible.

What's worse is that because of this flawed child, the once-loving couple began to show cracks in their relationship. Shangguan Yi blamed his wife for not being careful during pregnancy, which led to the child's defects. The usually indulgent Lady Wu'an Hou couldn't bear her husband's baseless accusations, and the two began to argue frequently.

In the year when Shangguan Jing was five years old, Marquis Wu'an, who had always favored his wife, publicly married a concubine. Lady Wu'an was angry and aggrieved, and she openly despised the new concubine and blamed her unfaithful husband.

But in reality, her greatest resentment was towards Shangguan Jing, who had caused a rift between her and her husband. She always wondered if things would have been different if she had not allowed the child to be born when she was having difficulty with her pregnancy, maybe the result wouldn't be like this.

Shangguan Jing was like a thorn in Lady Wu'an's heart that pierced deep and couldn't be removed. Because the child was her own flesh and blood! Lady Wu'an Hou had never thought of killing Shangguan Jing herself, but she really didn't want to see the little girl. Under her deliberate neglect, Shangguan Jing lived like an invisible person in the mansion, even though she was a noble-born legitimate daughter.

She grew up like a lonely wild grass in the corner of the Shangguan mansion, with only her wet nurse, who had taken care of her since childhood, willing to stay by her side. But for Lady Wu'an, the thorn remained forever, and so the pitiful original owner died in this serious illness, helpless and alone, under the deliberate neglect of her biological mother, a few days before her ninth birthday.

Although the new identity was overwhelming, Gu Jingyao felt that it would be nice to live again. At least as a little unnoticed person, she had no worries about food and clothing, and her life was still relatively free. Moreover, there was a careful and gentle nanny, which was quite good. Looking forward, she felt that since heaven had allowed her to relive, it would not be for the purpose of making her suffer and unlucky.

When she woke up from a coma, she even thought gloatingly about how Lady Wu'an would feel when she found out that she had survived. It's probably quite complicated...

The room was very quiet. Chen Mama seemed to be exhausted and was half-sleeping on the bed, holding a half-wet cloth in her hand.

Shangguan Jing turned over, making little noise, but Chen Mama immediately woke up. She raised her head suddenly, and her tired, blurred eyes happened to meet Shangguan Jing's bright eyes.