Chapter 3: Husband

These people were very skillful and quickly dressed up Shangguan Jing. Another group of people came in and pushed Shangguan Jing out. 

She was helpless, but still tried to turn her head to see Chen Mama still being held down on the ground. She had already obediently accepted her fate, why were they still treating Chen Mama like this?! Shangguan Jing felt a surge of anger in her chest and couldn't help but shout,

 "Let go of Chen Mama! Let her go!" Shangguan Jing's second aunt looked surprised when she heard her words. "The fourth young lady's speech is quite clear today." Shangguan Yuan, who was leaning against the door, suddenly raised her head and looked at Shangguan Jing.

Then she walked over quickly, grabbed Shangguan Jing's sleeve, and looked into her eyes. "Jing'er, can you understand what your sister is saying? If you can, nod your head." Shangguan Jing was surprised. 

She looked at Shangguan Yuan's sorrowful eyes, hesitated for a moment, and nodded slightly. Tears welled up in Shangguan Yuan's eyes, and she handed a small bag to Shangguan Jing, whispering, "You have to behave well when you get to the Huaiyang Prince's mansion. Be obedient and don't annoy the Huaiyang Prince. Also, speak less and stay inside the house..." 

"My Mama! My Mama!" Shangguan Jing looked at Shangguan Yuan, her round eyes filled with anxiety.

 "I know, your sister will find a way." Shangguan Yuan quickly answered,

 "Don't make trouble, or it will cause more problems." Shangguan Jing silently nodded at Shangguan Yuan. At this point, she was helpless and could only temporarily entrust Chen Mama to this cousin whom she was not very familiar with.

 She knew that Shangguan Yuan's words were all for her own good. At this critical moment, she couldn't make any more trouble. She let go of Shangguan Yuan's hand and obediently allowed the group of people to surround her and take her out of the room. She heard Chen Mama's heart-wrenching cry from behind her: "Miss... my miss!! Give my miss back to me! Give her back to me..."

Shangguan Yuan watched helplessly as her little cousin was dragged away by a group of people after a short sentence of instruction. She was just a girl, and there was only so much she could do, so she could only watch as her little cousin was taken to the Huaiyang Prince's Mansion.

Uncle and aunt were really heartless!

Shangguan Jing held the scissors in one hand and the little sachet that Shangguan Yuan had given her in the other, and was hastily stuffed into the wedding sedan.

It's okay! Don't be afraid! She encouraged herself desperately along the way, there's always a way. It's impossible to make her obedient!

However, plans couldn't keep up with changes. When Shangguan Jing was taken to the new room and the veil was lifted, she saw the groom for the first time. She suddenly gave up her resistance plan and sat still obediently.

Because the groom, wearing a red wedding gown, looked even younger than her!!

Is this just playing house?!

The noisy crowd quickly dispersed, and there was not even a maid left in the bridal chamber. The handsome little groom, who was several years younger than her, stood by the door, looking flustered and wanting to escape.

The two of them stared at each other for a long time without saying a word. Finally, Shangguan Jing couldn't hold it any longer and broke the silence first, "Can I take off the phoenix crown? It's heavy."

When Shangguan Jing spoke, it seemed to startle the little bundle by the door. He looked surprised and asked unconsciously, "You can talk!"

"Will you?" Shangguan Jing nodded, instantly understanding the strange look in Xiao Baozi's eyes. "They told you, didn't they? That I'm a fool."

Shangguan Jing's straightforward question seemed to make Xiao Baozi a little hesitant. He looked into her eyes for a moment before nodding gently.

"But actually, the more embarrassing thing was yet to come. Up Shangguan Jing's next question was even more direct: "Are you the illegitimate child of the Wang family? The one who is not favored?"

The little bundle of joy widened his eyes in surprise and asked unconsciously, "Why do you say that?"

"Because they gave you a silly bride," Up Shangguan Jing pointed to her own nose, "and you're not that old yet, who would marry such a young child? There must be a reason for it."

"I'm Xiao Jingheng," the little bundle of joy lowered his eyes, his pretty little face showing a hint of sadness. "My mother is the Huaiyang Wangfei, and I'm actually the only legitimate son of the Huaiyang Wangfu."

"Ah?" This time it was Up Guan Jing's turn to be surprised. "So you're really the Huaiyang Wang Crown Prince? But why did your parents want to give you a silly bride?"

"You... did you not hear anything before you came here?" The little bundle of joy raised his head and asked with a puzzled look.

"I told you, I'm a fool. Who would bother to explain these things to a fool? That would be like playing the harp to a cow! Actually, I didn't even know I was getting married today." Up Shangguan Jing's replied, "Early this morning, someone broke into my room, put me in a wedding dress, and brought me here."

Up Guan Jing, who was eloquent despite calling herself a fool, surprised Xiao Jingheng. But thinking about his own situation... he could understand it. The people in the Wang family also called him a fool.

He thought Up Guan Jing's situation at home was probably similar to his, pretending to be silly and helpless just to live a better life, right?!

"I... " Xiao Jingheng hesitated for a moment, not knowing how to explain his situation to his "new wife": "Anyway, I am not the Crown Prince of Huaiyang. My father... probably has no plans to make me the Crown Prince. Everyone knows I am a useless person who can't even make it to the top. My father's favorite son should be my eldest brother."

"Eldest brother?" Shangguan Jing asked curiously, "Aren't you the only legitimate son?"

"Well..." Xiao Jingheng lowered his head and replied, "Eldest brother is the son of Consort Xu."

"What's the reason for not choosing the legitimate son and choosing the illegitimate son?" Shangguan Jing found it even more difficult to understand, "Can the Huaiyang Princess tolerate it?"

"My mother..." Xiao Jingheng sighed slightly and showed a mature expression on a child's face, making people feel a bit sad, "You'll understand after a long time. My father and mother don't really like me."

"How old are you this year?" Shangguan Jing tilted her head and observed Xiao Jingheng's expression carefully, "You're probably not older than me, right?"

"I'm eight years old," Xiao Jingheng replied honestly, "What about you?"

"I'm already nine years old, so I'm your older sister. You can call me sister directly, or you can call me Jingjie," Shangguan Jing jumped off the bed and ran to the window, standing on her tiptoes to look outside, "There's no one in the courtyard. Is it always like this here? I want to find someone to help me take off the phoenix crown. It's too heavy and it's making my neck hurt."

"How do you take it off?" Xiao Jingheng immediately rolled up his sleeves, "You tell me, I'll do it. There's no senior maid in my courtyard, only a few rough maidservants."

"Where's your old maid?" Shangguan Jing asked.

"I don't know," Xiao Jingheng shrugged and replied indifferently, "Never mind her, she won't be back for a while. Let me try to help you take off the phoenix crown."