chapter three

Getting to know you

Getting to know you

  HONESTLY, THE SEARCH FOR CYNTHIA AND Miguel had so far proved to be a difficult one. From brawls, to flat tires, the trio of guys had been through quite a bit looking for them. Currently, they were doing their best looking at their map to find out where the couple could be.

"At least we have an address, I just hope they're still there." Theo spoke as his cousin typed it into his phone.

"Should make things a lot easier." Robby stood up straight, leaning against the wall as Johnny came out around the corner.

"How's it looking?" The blonde man asked, holding food in his hands for the three of them.

"We're not that far, only a few miles. From the look of it, it's a lot of bars and restaurants in the area." Robby explained, showing his family the phone briefly, both them nodding their heads.

"If they are just bars and restaurants, they could have left by now." Theo began to bite his fingernails nervously, quite obviously worried about Cynthia, and Miguel.

"Hm, I don't know, let's ask this guy" Johnny spoke, waving his hands. "Hola."

The man began to speak Spanish, and it was obvious that the trio didn't understand it. He began to point to the van as the blonde man asked about Hector Salazar, the pair obviously not understanding each other. It took the two teens a lot not to begin laughing about it.

"That didn't go well." Theo noted as the man walked away, waving his hands in the air.

"Can you believe this guy?" The pair of teens simply looked at Johnny, the man shifting uncomfortably. "What?"

"I was just admiring your Spanish." The Antonetti boy joked.

"I don't know, i'm just thinking if Hector is so dangerous, we shouldn't be throwing his name around." Robby pointed out with a shrug.

Theo never even thought about that but, he for sure agreed.

"We gotta shake the tree to get the apples." Johnny responded nonchalantly, not caring about the possible consequences.

"Or we could climb the tree ourselves." Robby corrected.

"You guys know metaphors aren't good for me, can we just talk like normal people." Theo whined, throwing his head back slightly.

"Wait—" Robby looked to the side, and his words made everyone else do the same.

Not a few feet away, the man from earlier was towing their van.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Theo mumbled, the trio running after the car.

Their luck couldn't have been worse.

CYNTHIA WOKE UP NEXT TO MIGUEL, WHO HAD BEEN tapping her arm lightly. Hector let them stay the night at his house, and while grateful, Cynthia couldn't help but feel like this was a bit weird. He didn't know why they were really there, and she was desperately wondering if her boyfriend would tell him.