Chapter 27

Chapter 27 Father

Those who smile a lot have the deepest pain. They would always use the sweetest smile as a protective shell for their vulnerable heart.

Sino ba ang may gustong ipakita ang kanilang kahinaan? As much as possible, every individual would hide any sign of their weakness. Walang gusto kaawaan sila o kaya'y maliitin dahil sa kanyang pinagdaanan.

But to witness my mate's pain and sadness, inflicted not just sadness but intense hatred. Gusto kong maghiganti sa sakit na naranasan ni Tavion, sa lahat ng pagtitiis niyang ginawa at maging sa mga luhang iniluha niyang hindi ako kasama.

Those years might be the time that we were still trying to grow individually, years that we were not destined to meet, but how I wished that I was there to help him.

"I was wrong when I brought you here, Tavion. Find your father. . . you deserve to find a family that will love and accept you, anak. Live. At mangako ka sa aking babalik kang malakas para bawiin ang mundong ito."

Halos hindi ko na magawang manuod sa pangyayari habang naririnig ko na ang pilit na pagsigaw ni Tavion at pagtawag sa kanyang ina. Iniwas ko na ang tingin ko at mariin akong pumikit. Nagawa ko pang takpan ang tainga ko para hindi na marinig pa ang paghihirap ni Tavion.

I want to end it. Gusto ko nang makawala sa nakaraan ni Tavion, gusto ko nang bumalik sa kasalukuyan at ibunton sa kalaban ang lahat ng sakit niya. Hiniling kong malaman ang nakaraan niya, ngunit ang masaksihan mismo ang sakit na dinananas niya, gusto kong bawiin ang kahilingang iyon.

I just want to keep an image of Tavion that smile a lot, a vampire that takes everything lightly. Hindi ko matanggap na nagkaroon siya nang ganoong klase ng nakaraan at wala ako sa tabi niya para lang tulungan at damayan siya.

The visions didn't stop there but brought me to a place that sheltered little Tavion during the deepest part of his life.

When I opened my eyes, I was welcomed by another place— a place far from the invaders, enemies, and even a family that would push you to death. It was a small old messy cabin. The shimmer of the orange blazing fire gives off a dim light, and the cracking sounds of the firewood, and its shadows dancing on the wall made me even feel the warmth of the place.

I followed the path towards the fireplace, around it were three worn-out sofas with signs of tattered patches in different colors, sewed in the most uneven stitches as if they would hide their old age.

As I continued my little steps with my eyes slowly navigating the whole place, I noticed a huge wooden table at the left side of the old sofa set, full of kinds of potted plants in different sizes, tacks of old papers and scrolls, books covered with dust, quill, and ink, bottles filled with liquid colors, dried leaves and roots, maps, compass, and hourglass. There were also bookshelves filled with thick books and jars with preserved parts of small species of monsters.

My steps haltered and I noticed that I was already in front of the sofa, showing me the middle view of it, between those sofas was a short rectangular wooden table, there were slices of bread and a coffee still emanating a smoke, under the table was a brown furry carpet that I could immediately assume came from a brown bear, and at the edge of the table, pointing directly at the fireplace— the extended floor of the blazing hearth. I found the runaway little prince, curled in the fetal position with pain visible pain on his face.

"T-Tavion. . ."

Sinubukan kong lumapit sa kanya pero pinigilan ko ang sarili ko nang bigla na lang lumitaw na kubadong matandang lalaki at dinaluhan ang prinsipe. Mas inayos niya pa ang kumot sa paligid ni Tavion para mas mainitan ito.