𝖲𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖳𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗁 𝖨𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖡𝖾𝗌𝗍.

⭕️⚫️
A Wally x Hanson(oc) angst requested by Xx_D3M0N1C-L34D3R_xX
Enjoy!
Or don't, i'm not the boss of you
————————————————————
TW: House Manipulation, Wally goes insane, Typical Welcome Home stuff.
————————————————————

"So now, what does this one mean?" Wally pointed to a small golden flower, looking at Hanson as he studied it. "That is a Buttercup! I wouldn't recommend giving it to someone though."

The yellow puppet tilted his head. "Hm, why not?" The butterfly shrugged, crossing his legs and leaning back. "Well, it symbolizes youth, but if you give it to someone, that means you're calling them a child."

Wally's eyes widened slightly, then he chuckled. "Well, I should hope that no one gifts me one, then." Hanson smiled, leaning forward and putting his hands on his knees. "Well it can be used in a positive light, but that's the more common reason they're given."

The small yellow puppet nodded, then looked at the back of his wrist. "Would you look at the time!" There wasn't a watch to be seen anywhere on his forearm. "I promised Barnaby that I would spend some time with him today. Goodbye Hanson." The butterfly waved. "Bye Wally, see you later." Wally stood up, then tried his best to whistle as he walked away. He wasn't very good at whistling.

Hanson stood up, stretching slightly before walking off. He hummed a small tune as he walked, his eyes were darting from bush to bush to see if all of the flowers were doing well. He stopped still when he saw that the bushes near Home were starting to wilt. The butterfly went over to the bush and gently put a hand under the dull flowers, tilting them up to get a better look at them. He reached into the pockets of his overalls and pulled out a small pair of pruning shears. He dead-headed the flowers that were already too far gone and stood back up to go get his watering can. But a small sound caught his attention.

"beautiful dreamer, wake unto me..."

Hanson turned his head back to the sound of the voice and walked back toward Home, who seemed to be asleep, or at least dozing.

"starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee..."

He tilted his head in confusion. The voice sounded like Wally, but Wally wasn't home, was he?

"sounds of the rude world, heard in a day..."

Hanson walked closer to Home, peeking through the small window on the side of the sentient house. Inside he saw Wally sitting in front of the front door, but something was wrong.

"lull'd by the moonlight have all passed away..."

This Wally seemed tired, almost scared. His blue pompadour was faded and matted, the long neglected hairdo showing it's natural color through the roots of his mussed-up hair.

"beautiful dreamer, queen of my song..."

He was curled up into a ball, his arms wrapped tightly around his legs and his chin resting on his knees. Wally's trademark smile was wiped from his face and his eyes were glossed over, leaving an almost dead expression in place of the telltale grin Hanson knew well.

"list while i woo thee with soft melody..."

His voice sounded strained and quiet, like he had cried or screamed God knows how many times, and his throat nearly gave out because of it.

"gone are the cares of life's busy throng..."

The sight made Hanson feel sick. How long had he been stuck there? Was he really Wally or was he a fake? Was he in pain? Only then did he notice the steady stream of tears making their way down the small puppet's cheeks.

"b-beautiful dreamer... a-*hic*-wake unto me..."

Wally shook slightly, the rate that the tears fell started to grow.

"beau-*hic*-tiful dream...er-"

He broke down almost completely. The soft sound of the lullaby was broken by the dull but all-too-sharp echo of choppy sobs.

Hanson felt awful. He stepped back, trying to think of a way to help, but he stepped on a dried out sapling, which made an audible crunch.

The miserable caricature that was trapped inside the house lifted his head, his panicked eyes darting around the empty room he was held in.

"Home, did- did you hear that? Home? Are you awake? What was that? Is someone there?"

Hanson backed away, then tried to sprint. This was bad, this was so, so, so bad. He had to tell the others, he had to confront Wally- was he Wally? It was so hard to tell which one was real and-

Something wrapped around his ankle. It dragged him to the ground, pulling him towards Home, who was staring at him with an unreadable expression that he knew had a pit of malice underneath it's red-painted exterior. Out of panic, Hanson grabbed his pruning shears from the ground and hacked away at the vine that had a vice grip on his leg. He looked around the neighborhood, but no one was in sight. All the houses seemed empty and no one stood outside, at least not anyone who could see.

Despite the overwhelming din of his heart pounding in his ears, he still heard the scratchy and tired voice that rang out inside that awful house.

"Home!? What's going on? What's happening? Is someone there? Am I being let out? Home please! What's happening?!?"

Hanson frantically stabbed and slashed at the vines that had him by the ankle, but every time he made a cut, another vine would join the tangled mass, making it stronger. Hanson couldn't think rationally anymore, and he screamed.

"PLEASE- PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE LET ME GO-"

The door to Home opened, and as Hanson clawed at the grass underneath him for a chance to escape, the cursed house dragged him inside.

————————————————————

"Hey, Wally!" The small yellow puppet looked up at Julie, who looked around for a moment before tilting her head down at him. "Hey, do you know where Hanson is?"

...

Wally chuckled in his monotone way, then smiled up at Julie. "Silly Julie, there's no one in the neighborhood named Hanson!"

————————————————————
1,022 Words

Wowza, that was certaintly something...
Hope you like what i did there at the end! As always, feedback and comments are appreciated.

Stay safe! Until next time, Remember!

You are the absolute Most.