the better twin

Leo's POV:

If a random yokia would randomly come up to someone in my family and ask them who was the better twin between me and Donnie, the answer would be pretty obvious, Donnie. It was the only right answer.

The reason why Donnie was the only right answer was because he was both smart and funny. Unlike me. I would usually joke around but instead of people laughing or chuckling, they would be groaning or booing. And when I tried to make something awesome like Donnie it would just end up being a big let down.

It's not like it's a big surprise too me 'cause I've always known since we were little tots. At first I didn't care how dad always praised Donnie while he scolded me or when he would give Donnie special treatment.

To be honest it was pretty obvious that I was dad's least favorite out of the four of us. our dad always seemed to love my brothers way more than me. He would spend a lot more time with them than he would with me, but as I grew older I started to try to ignore it more but deep down I knew I was jealous. Jealous about how everyone would have a better time when I wasn't around.

I thought Donnie knew he was the better twin out the both of us, but that all changed when me and him had a bit of an argument a few months ago.

________________
4 months ago

Still Leo POV:

It was just a usual day, I woke up and started to do my morning routin to make sure I looked my best. After I finished I came into the kitchen to find mikey making some delicious pancakes, I decided to help him set up the table for the family since he looked like he needed the help.

After calling the family to eat I sat down in my usual seat, digging into the amazing pancakes my little bro made. Everyone started coming in and sitting around the table, well, all except Donnie who just came in grabbed a pancake and left. Donnie didn't look so well he looked extremely tired, which wasn't all that surprising since I have seen him awake late at night multiple times, but this time he looked like he had cried which was very unusual for him, like very unusual.

It was obvious mikey noticed, but since he just sat down to eat and I was almost done I whispered to him I would talk to Donnie after I finished eating so he wouldn't have to be worried.

After I finished eating i got up from my seat and started to head head up to Donnie's room like I promised mikey. When I got there I was deciding to either knock or just walk in, well that was until I heard something break. I was so worried I almost tripped and fell on my face when I ran in the room.

When I looked around I saw Donnie standing in the middle of his room while a thing that looked like robot which I think was a new Sheldon Donnie has been working on laid on the ground. "Donnie!! Sorry for busting in without permission but is everything okay!? I heard something break and I thought that you got hurt!!" I started asking Donnie worriedly, but instead of getting a response from him he instead punched me.

When I hit the floor I was shocked. I looked up to see Donnie's face, he had multiple emotions running through his face. I quickly got up on my feet to ask why he did what he did, but before I could speak he started off apologizing.

"Oh shit, Leo!! My apologies I didn't mean to hit you, I was just- I just was so mad i-!" I was both upset and confused on what was going on here so decided to calm him down a bit. "calm down Donnie, it's fine, it was just a punch. As long as it doesn't leave a bruise on my beautiful face everything will be all right, and it doesn't even hurt that much, see!" I decided to lie and pass it off as a joke by touching where he punched me, it was obvious that the punch would leave a bruise and It kinda hurt like a bitch, but it was also obvious that it was an accident.

"How can you laugh it off 'Nardo!? I just punched you! for the love of science! You should be mad or upset, even if it was just an accident!" Now i was starting to get concerned. "Why would I be mad if it was just an accident-" as I was about tell him it was okay he cut me off. "Ugh, why are you like this!!?" I was growing concerned by the second "why am I like what Donald?" I asked, Now i was starting to grow confused.

"You act like everything is a joke to you!!" I was about to open my mouth to speak but Donnie noticed. "And before you go on telling me that's not true, it is!!! Whenever we are in the midst of battle you just laugh it off like we're playing a silly game of basketball, or whenever you get hurt you act like it's a small cut so we don't start worrying about you, but when we get hurt you go all doctor on us even if it's a little scratch!!" I stand there not knowing what to say. Do I really do all that stuff?

"You always act so cheerful and carefree, how!?! How do you act like you have no care in the world!? Why is it so easy for you to express so much emotion? Why can't I do the same....this is why you're the better twin" I froze when Donnie finished the last sentence. "W-what?" I asked my voice breaking a bit. He thinks I'm the better twin? How?

Before I could find a answer for my question Donnie spoke again. "What do you mean 'what'?! isn't it obvious. You're better than me in every possible way!!" As Donnie's voice broke a bit after what he said he looked like he was on the verge of crying again.

"Wait hold up, I'm confused." I said trying to figure out what was going on. "Donnie are you sure you're ok, I mean obviously your not okay but I mean, like, did you hit your head or something?" I was so lost and confused that I almost didn't hear Donnie talking again. "Har har Leo very funny, are you really making a joke right now? What am I saying ofc you are!"

"No, wait Donnie I'm being serious. I'm so confused, what do mean I'm the better twin? Like how? Why do- how do you think I'm the better twin?" I wanted, No I needed to know why he thought that I was the better twin.

"I already told you 'Nardo, your able to be so open with all your emotions so easily, while I can barely express what I feel... I thought you already knew that?" Wow I didn't know that's how he thought. "Look Donnie, I had no idea you thought like that. If I'm completely honest I thought you knew you were the better twin."

"What?!? Why would I be better? What would even make you think that?" The more the conversation went on, the more I was realizing how dumb the both of us are. "Well for starters your the smartest of all of us, and you make super epic stuff!! And your also like super funny, like super duper funny?! I thought y'knew that already. Oh and you have always been pops favorite!! And just generally cooler...than...me.."

I looked down as I finished that sentence. I could feel Donnie's eyes on me as well as there was a pool of tears threatening to leave and roll down my face. "Wait, you really think that?" Donnie started to speak softly. "Ofc I do, I always joke around and ruin things while you make them better. I've always been the screw up, even dad thought so....I'm even surprised he made me the team's leader, but thinking about what you said, about how you think that I'm the better twin makes me feel, like idk, happy in a way." I wanted to keep speaking but I felt like if I kept talking I would break down or something.

"Well hearing that you think I'm the better twin make me feel a little bit better to 'Nardo." I look up to see Donnie with a smile as a single tear rolls down his cheek. "Hey, Donnie can I, hug you? ONLY IF YOU'RE COMFORTABLE WITH IT, I MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO, I MEAN, nevermind forgot I even asked." Shoot we were having a moment and I ruined ofc I did...I turned around ready to leave but I heard Donnie speaking again.

"Sure, but only for 10 seconds." What? I turned around confused thinking I was hearing things, but as I looked at him he had his arm open. I ran and hugged him making sure those ten seconds didn't go to waist. "Aww!!!" We both turned around confused there stood both mikey and Raph staring at us. Mikey ran and joined the hug and soon Raph joined in as well.

Well it looks like we would have a long conversation with them afterwards. But this ended better than expected which is a good thing.

_______________

Omg, I'm sorry that this took so much longer than expected. I meant to finish this quicker but I got so caught up with school projects and with the fact we're going to have our finals soon as well I couldn't do much.

I hope you enjoy I might also make a bit of an aftermath if I get the time. I hope you enjoyed have a good day/afternoon/night.