12

"So he just agreed? Just like that?" Hoseok questions, undoubtedly surprised. You hold the phone closer to your ear, silently cursing him for choosing the moment Jeongguk finally changes his mind to be at some sort of science convention.

"Yeah, so get back here as soon as you can. I think there's something wrong with his fin."

"I will. Was gonna have tomorrow off as well, but I might come in just to take a look at him then. You know, before he changes his mind again."

Oh, you know. This is what you've been waiting for, your chance to finally see what condition he's truly in. To you, he hasn't seemed unwell or bothered by his injury, but you never know—he could even be faking it or unable to actually feel the extent of it. But he's gotta be fighting at least some sort of infection. That, you're sure of.

What has definitely improved is his mental status, something you guess has to do with the fact that you're pretty much his sole caretaker at this point. You're friends, and he trusts you. He doesn't trust the others at all, so it makes sense for them to stay away and leave it to you.

Saying that Jeongguk's agreement has left you feeling giddy would be an understatement. Maybe things are starting to look up.

A few hours later, you find yourself in a storage room, searching for one of the seals' medicine. Row upon row of wooden shelves line the walls, various toys, enrichments, treats, and medicine resting upon them.

Most of the shelves are out of your reach, giving you the impression that whoever designed the place forgot that not everyone is a giant. Upon further inspection, you bet it was Namjoon who nailed them up, they do look a little wonky, after all.

It takes you a minute to locate the bottle containing the correct pills, but of course, it's sitting prettily on one of the top shelves. You look around the room for something to stand on. No luck. You'll have to ask someone for help.

Your feet carry you back out through the door, but luckily, you don't have to search the entire building for some assistance; Jimin is at the otters' enclosure, throwing them some shellfish and clams.

"Jimin!" you call as you jog up to the man, startling him slightly. "Tae put Navy's meds on the top shelf. Think you could get it down for me?"

"Christ, woman!" he exclaims, placing his palm over his heart.

"Sorry."

"How's fish boy?" he smirks, ignoring your plea for help and turning back to face the otters.

"Fish boy?" you question, eyebrow raised.

Jimin dumps the rest of the food into the enclosure lazily, and then he turns to follow you, empty bucket swinging from his hand.

"Yeah. I mean, I never see you anymore, you're always at his tank these days. If he had legs, I bet you would've asked him to help you."

You ignore his remark with a roll of your eyes as you hold the door open for him. Still, you're grateful when he stands on his toes and plucks the container down for you. Unfortunately, the joy is short-lived, immediately replaced by irritation when you're unable to open it. Damn it, Taehyung!

Jimin's grin only grows when you press your hand back against his stomach, avoiding his eyes and silently hoping he won't make you ask out loud.

But, it's Jimin, so of course, he does. He keeps his arms hanging at his sides, snickering and making it perfectly clear that he'll provide the help. If you ask for it, that is. Just to be sure, you tighten your hands around the bottle and twist as hard as you can, but no, you're not strong enough, and so, with a sigh, you admit defeat.