◜chapter twenty seven◞

The trio entered Bill's bunker, the space filled with weapons and equipment

The trio entered Bill's bunker, the space filled with weapons and equipment. Some of which Cassie recognised whilst others where unfamiliar. Ellie cussed under her breath as they entered the bunker, her reaction an audible interpretation to Cassie's shocked face.

"this guy was a genius" Ellie commented as Cassie's eyes skimmed over the gun rack she was stood beside. Joel stood at the desk, clicking away at the keys as the girls continued to gawk at this mans bunker "why was the music on?"

"if he didn't reset the countdown every few weeks, this playlist would run over the radio" Ellie joined Joel at the desk whilst Cassie stood with her back to the guns. Her eyes trained on the weapons surrounding them

"80's" Ellie added, looking at the playlist

"you two, grab some cans from over there" Joel instructed the girl. Cassie pulled her jacket down before walking over to the stack of cans "nothing dented or swollen"

"dude" Ellie stopped at the guns, pointing at the larger ones of the rack. A few missing from their places

"no"

"there's a wall of them" The brunette deadpanned whilst Cassie shoved things into her pocket and stacked up decent cans of food. The trio then made their way back upstairs and started raiding the house. Tissues, food, bathroom essentials. Anything long lasting and useful basically. They where in an empty bedroom when Joel placed a box in front of the girls that was labelled 'women's shirts'. Cassie was quick to open the box and look at a few shirts.

They then made their way to the garage where Joel's battery was charging. Elli had found out that they had hot water and the girls decided they needed a shower, practically racing to shower first. Cassie, in fact, made it before Ellie and therefore got to shower first. Stripping off her clothes, she stepped under the steaming water finally allowing the grime that had built up to wash off. Her hair felt lively again and although it was men's shampoo, it smelt good and didn't kill her curls.

She walked out of the bathroom changed into a black long sleeved shirt which had four buttons from the collar down that she had found earlier as well as a pair of baggy black jeans that where in one of the boxes, a belt synching the waist. Her hair wrapped in a towel so she could dry it in another room and allow ellie (who was sat outside the bathroom waiting) to shower.

The girl went into the bedroom upstairs and stood in front of the mirror, undoing the towel she patted her hair dry a little and brushed her hair out before scrunching her curls so they didn't go frizzy. Ellie had joined the girl once she had finished her shower, the two girls heading downstairs together whilst Joel showered. Cassie sat in one of the chairs at the dining table whilst Ellie sat on the floor in front of the girl, her back pressed against the girls legs.

Cassie, using the small brush, brushed through her best friends hair. Playing with it slightly before pulling it into its usual ponytail. It used to be routine in FEDRA school, after showers Ellie would get the girl to do her hair whilst Cassie's was drying. Ellie always used to try and pull the girls hair up into a somewhat decent look but failed miserably, it was hard to tame the locks on Cassie's head.

Once her hair was done, Ellie got up to play with the grandfather clock (which she quickly broke) whilst Cassie drew shapes and patterns into the dust layered on the dining table. The brunette opened a draw and reached for something inside, her slow movements are what caught Cassie eye. Ellie gawked at he weapon in her hand, showing Cassie. The girl in turn grabbed her backpack and flashed the pistol that she had stolen whilst they where down in the bunker.

As Joel's footsteps got increasingly closer, Ellie rushed to her backpack to put the gun away whilst Cassie quickly did her own up and placed it back on the floor. The two girls giving each other a look as Joel entered the room

"well dont you look pretty" Ellie commented, all three of them now freshly washed and changed into new clothes.

"shut up" Joel scoffed, tossing Ellie the deodorant. Ellie used it before handing it over to Cassie

"im so glad we dont smell like death anymore" Cassie commented as she put the deodorant in her bag and followed the two others to the garage. The blonde allowed Ellie to take the front whilst she sat in the back, both of them gawking at the mechanics inside the vehicle. Things where piled up in the back seats and their jackets draped over the top of their bags. Cassie did her belt, understanding the basics when it came to cars due to films.

Cassie watched as Ellie messed around with parts of the car with a smile on her face, she truly loved her best friend even if she didn't exactly know it.

"its your first time in a car?" Joel asked the two

"its like a spaceship" Ellie replied back for the both of them, Cassie's eyes never wandering from Ellies figure.

"no its like a piece of shit Chevy S10 but it'll get us there. I think" Joel commented and despite not knowing what the fuck he was talking about, Cassie laughed slightly "seatbelts"

"done it already" Cassie sat back whilst Ellie just looked at the man cluelessly, Joel reaching over to grab the seatbelt and clipping the girl in. They started to drive, Ellie finding a cassette to play despite Joel telling her not too.

He then complained and told her to leave it on when the girl went to change the song

"this is good, this is" Joel started only to be cut off by Cassie

"Linda Ronstadt" The girl gasped "shit turn it up, i didn't even realise"

"oh man" Joel commented in content

"eh, its better than nothing" Ellie shrugged

"bitch, turn this up please" Cassie groaned, unclipping her seatbelt and launching between the front seats to turn the music up before sitting back down and doing her seatbelt. Joel then opened the gate and continued to drive as Cassie hummed along with the music, eyes closed as she leant her head against the window.

Unbeknownst to the girl, Ellie was watching her through the wing mirror. It was angled perfectly and the girl could watch her best friend with a soft smile on her face. Joel caught on, of course he did, but he decided not to comment on it. They'd figure it out eventually.

loved writing this chapter but omg i cant wait for angst

im also working on a Joel x Oc since everyone loves Pedro pascal. Its gonna be lowkey very fluffy

 Its gonna be lowkey very fluffy