11. Home Is...

***

Kuroo wasn't in a hurry to get back home. The train arrived at about 9 in the evening, and he just strolled to his street, to the house.

"Home"  was about 12 miles away from the train station, but for someone with his training it was not a thing to even consider. He walked slowly, his duffel bag hung over his shoulder, thinking about Fate.

What were the chances? Truly? How would Tsuki find him  –  in all of Japan? All four islands? How would both of them choose Nagano, of all the godforsaken places out there? It wasn't even the most modern and posh prefecture! Kanto and Tokyo (of course!) were always the best... He had escaped to a quiet place... Searching for a home... away from home...

Had Tsukishimа followed the same logic? Or was it random?

He was chewing on his lips nervously. He couldn't let this slip away. Not again! The love of his life was sleeping in the next room  –  it was a crime  -  it was a sin!  –  not to at least talk to him!

He hadn't looked so well, and all the worry resurfaced now  –  Kuroo felt sick to his stomach. It was unbearable to even think about how thin he was, and now... smoking too?  It was absurd to even dream about this in high school! His coach was going to skin him alive! Not just him  –  any one of the team!

He clenched his jaws and strode faster. If in luck  –  they would be able to talk as soon as tonight!

 If in luck  –  they would be able to talk as soon as tonight!

***

- Okaeri, Kuroo- senpai!  -  Hotaru chirped.  –  Welcome home! It's so nice to have you home early...  -  she blushed, embarrassed that she'd let him know she had been counting the days to hisreturn, and now bowed to him.

He looked around, vaguely annoyed by the girlish infatuation  –  she wasn't really hiding it.

- Hi. Are you alone?  –  he couldn't help it  –  the sentence just slipped.

- Umm, yes. Kei-sama left for work half an hour ago!  –  she was too happy to report.  –  You just missed him! Say, did you two manage to meet? Isn't he pretty?  –  she grinned mischievously now, in the hope of making him jealous.

Kuroo laughed in his head. He knew precisely  how pretty Tsukki-kun was. How pretty  all  of him was.

"I'm a damned fool!"  –  he scolded himself in his head.  –  "Why the fuck didn't I take the bus home?! I would have caught him..."

But then... Did he really want to upset him so much, right before work?

No.

It was better so. He could wait. He had waited for 8 years. 8 more hours were OK.

It was OK. It was going to be OK.

- No.  –  he answered tersely, taking his jacket off.  –  Not yet.