🫥58. Catharsis

***

Tetsurō brought the tray directly to the kitchen, sulking terribly.

- Childish!  -  he grumbled.

His sister was just finishing her tea and was about to wash the dishes now, when he placed the new arrivals on the side of the sink, mumbling:

- Sorry. I am afraid I am brining some more...

- It's nothing.  –  she smiled to herself, focusing on the task at hand.

He puffed and flung himself onto one of the chairs, as if extremely tired.

She didn't turn around, but she asked quietly:

- How did it go?

He closed his eyes and let his head fall back, his face now upturned towards the ceiling.

- Hmmm. Dunno. It's not over yet.  –  he huffed.

In a couple of minutes she sat back, quietly again, and just stared t him  –  even with his eyes closed, Kuroo could say that she was watching him.

He remembered her. 

She used to smile a lot more, and a lot more merrily. Before. 

She used to joke with him all the time, and defend him in front of their parents, always. But nowadays she rarely spoke, his Onee-san. Upstairs, he knew that Tsukishima was taking all the blame, for everything, but the truth was that the blame was his.  He had been the one to ruin his family.

- I'm sorry.  –  he murmured now, not wanting to face her.  –  I should have done better.

- I like him.  –  this was all she said.

He waited for some further explanation but as there was none, he lazily opened one eye, and glanced at her, still trying to catch some sounds from upstairs, though.

- Ehh?

- I like him.   –  she repeated.  –  He's shy. And he is pretty. He makes you smile.

She blushed slightly, looking down at the pattern of the table cloth that she knew extremely well.