Chapter 34

Her breathing labored and struggles intensified whilst her hands trembled badly and so did she as she felt two buff arms slipping from behind to coil around her stomach and his chin resting on her shoulder. Panic doubled within her.

Even his heavy breaths fanning on bare skin didn't deter her from her goal to get out of here. To reach her baby!

Her palms were pushing through the concrete continuously even if she knew it was futile and she didn't seem like she was going to stop struggling anytime soon.

She mewled as she felt herself being yanked back against his broad chest breaking her contact with the slightly ajar hidden door before he trapped even her outstretched arms under his hold right there on her midriff causing chills to run down her spine.

He has grown stronger and more giant than ever before. Not two years, it seemed like he has aged twenty years in regard to his muscularity.

In his cage she felt so petite and helpless. She vanished under his huge shadow in the hollow of his arms. The pressure with which he was holding her as if he would never let her out of this prison of his arms made the breaths whoosh out of her.

"Please..." She twisted her wrists that were tightly held in his on her stomach. She tried to at least try and move to push him off but he has had moulded her form flushed into his frame in such a way that even as she tried she couldn't even flinch let alone try to get away.

Her head was clicked right under his chin as if they were two pieces of jigsaw puzzle.

How can she fit so perfectly in the devil's arms as if she was made to be there? How is it possible that no matter how much he ages or grow masculine but this fact doesn't change?

Her thoughts started to get jumbled. His presence added to her conflict.

Why did she even meet him at the age of ten?

Why didn't she jump off some cliff when she got out of the children shelter?

Why did she believe him at the first place and let him bring her to this point? Why?

She was on pins and needles for the last two years without him and now she was in pure hell even when he is back safe and sound.

Why is it that with or without him she was destined to suffer? To be doomed? Either way? WHY?

What bad did she ever do to anyone to have been bestowed such a tragic life since her birth?

His harsh breaths so close to her skin added up to her torment as her shattered pieces cut through her insides mercilessly.

Her gut twisted and turned whilst her heart dropped to her stomach as she realized there was no escape now and she would have to face the devil when she was already at her lowest and vulnerable state. Whether she wanted it or not.

Even before he said anything she knew what would be his exact words as she felt his lips parting against the crook of her neck.

"Hi Khush. Missed me?" At the same time he has reached over with his one arm to shut the hidden door to cut down all her ways of getting out of here.

Speechless she trembled like a leaf in his hold as she felt him nuzzling his nose at the side of her neck whilst he inhaled a lungful while peppering feathery kisses on her neck, her shoulder, the side of her face nuzzling his nose leisurely on her skin making her heart claw.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm here. You can relax now." He whispered huskily with his lips touching her ear. She shuddered.

"I know the last two years were really tough on you. Especially the last six months with no news of me but it's over now."