Cheerleader Blues

We run in ready for pyramid, I sit in between Chloe and Nia and it's time for Abby's rambling
"Vivi Anne where's your dance clothes" Abby says strictly
"It's in the car" she replies quietly
"You need to be dressed and ready for dance when you walk into this building, yes?"
Vivi Anne nods along

"I wanna recap a little bit about the competition. Now there are some thing that went on, that maybe you don't even know about. You're mom was upset about the costume" Abby says as she points at Nia, then she says it again pointing at Chloe

"But that cannot happen again, let's talk about what we're going to do this weekend"

I really want to do a solo, I also want to win a crown so I can be a real princess.

"We're going to New Jersey and we are going to do an acrobatic, gymnastics routine"

Now pyramid I doubt I'll be at the top anyway

Maddie
Chloe Brooke
Nia Paige McKenzie Daisy Vivi Anne

Well it's an improvement I guess at least I'm not on the bottom

"Overall I evaluated all of your performances, so Maddie you won that competition and title"

Maddies always at the top, I wanna be like her, one day I will, I will win everything.

"Brooke I expect you to help the younger students and I expect you to know the choreography first and be able to help everybody else"

I feel like that's a lot of pressure for Brooke but she is amazing at acro.

"Alright Nia, Paige you'll bring doing the acro part and the tumbling part. Vivi Anne because you're new here and you don't really know all of our terminology I'm gonna work privately with you this week and so you're gonna do a solo at the competition this weekend"

WHAT?! I have been here since I was a baby and danced here as soon as I could walk and Vivi got a solo first. I am very angry. I put on a frowny face but at least I get to be in the group this week.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" Abby says as we all go into a backbend.

The routine is so fun and I'm excited that I'm in a routine and I don't have to sit around all day. Then we go home and I have mac and cheese for dinner and of course Apple Juice.

"Daisy are you excited you're in the routine?" Paige asks me
"Yes it so much fun but the choreography is quite hard"
"Don't worry you'll be amazing" says Brooke
I smile
Then I get ready for bed and dream about performing on Broadway

"Girls let's go!" I hear my mums voice yell from downstairs.
I rush downstairs where I see Brooke eating dinner.
"What time is it? It's 4:00 we gotta be there for 4:30 and it takes 20 minutes to get there we need to go"
Brooke goes upstairs and me and Paige are giggling together and she's doing funny voices.

"Let's go Brooke"
No reply
"BROOKE"
"What?" She replies
"I'm leaving"
"I don't wanna go"
"Too bad"
"Brooke I'm leaving without you" Mommy says as she walks out the door
"I don't care"
Then Mommy goes upstairs to talk to Brooke

"What do you think thats all about?" Paige asks me
"I'm gonna tell you a secret but you have to pinky promise not to tell anybody"
"What is it"
"Brooke wants to be a cheerleader" I whisper
Paige gasps but it's too over dramatic so she clearly already knew. Brooke said I was the only one.

We eventually get in the car and Brooke is 'Broding' as Abby likes to say. Whatever that means

We walk in and Abby yells at us for being late and tells us to watch from the side, we catch up and after dance Brooke goes to get her hip checked.

So I go home with McKenzie and Maddie. Me and McKenzie run upstairs and start playing dolls. She has so many and a whole castle for them. Mommy picks me up and Paige is in the car, she went to Chloe's. Then we go home and it's competition tomorrow. Yay! But apparently Brooke isn't supposed to dance tomorrow but she's going to anyway.

The next morning on the bus I sit with Mommy and Brooke I'm soo tired so I got to sleep on her straight away.

When we get there and we're getting ready Brooke starts to cry. I really hope she's ok Brooke never ever ever cries.

Now it's Vivi Anne's solo but she changed the choreography that Abby gave her. Oh no.

Me and Kenzie are laughing in the audience together

Vivi Anne comes 7th and when she's asked her studio she says Candy Apples. My mouth drops, Abby is literally going to kill Vivi and Cathy.

"Please welcome to the stage entry number 433 ups and downs"

We walk on to the stage and I'm so nervous, the dance starts and I think it's going really well. We come of stage and I run into Paige's arms, poor Brooke looks like she's in so much pain. I want to give her a hug but she says it's hurts too much.

Now it's group awards and hopefully we win

"It's that extra special some thing judges see in a number and it's going to 433 ups and downs, Abby Lee Dance Company" YAYY
"Woo" we all scream and clap and Brooke goes to collect our award. We got a special award, imagine if we win as well

"Top junior group it's going to ups and downs"
This time we all stand up
"Who choreographed you're dance"
"Miss Abby " Chloe replies
"Miss Abby you got great dancers out here now are all of you girls really best friends?"
"Of course"
Everyone laughs

My first ever group dance and we won and got a special award. Yay, I go home and sleep so well