Love on the Dance Floor

This week instead of going to our usual studio we're going somewhere else and we start by going there. We finally get off the bus and go into the new dance studio

"Girls let's go come on" Abby says as we walk in then we go get changed into our dance wear.

"Alright where's Cathy? Where's Vivi Anne?"
"Dunno"
"Right now I am at the end of my rope with Cathy"

"McKenzie, now you and Vivi Anne are supposed to have a duet but no Vivi so you might be doing summer by yourself"

"Chloe you're gonna take a week off I'm not going to do a new solo for you I think you need to work on your technique, I was happy with 4th place, your mother was not and I don't think you were either"

"Nia, I was happy with you your mother was not happy with your choreography so we're gonna work on that, mom I don't want any more altercations like Connecticut"

"It was a conversation" Holly says

"I don't want any more conversations like Connecticut"

"Daisy, you and Paige came second in your duet, I think that was good for your first one Daisy but first would have been nice"

"Paige same reason as Daisy but I had more to judge you on because you were in the group dance and had a solo"

"Brooke you danced well in the group dance and your solo"

"Maddie, you won, it was a great costume was gorgeous, everything clicked, I just don't wanna see tears, you're at the top of your age scale you did a beautiful job, you did the title, this is your year"

'Mystery'
Maddie
Brooke Paige Daisy
Nia Chloe Vivi McKenzie

"Let's talk about the group number for this weeks competition, the number is called snapshot you're all models, so who's modelled before?"

We all put our hands up and even though I've only modelled for my kid camera in my bedroom I think it still counts.

"You've all modelled, perfect so now you know what the runway is, what else is at a fashion show?"

I look puzzled

"A photographer, I've had a lot to think about over the last 24 hours and I think we need to bring a boy in to be the photographer"

Ooo hopefully he's cute

"What do you think"

All the Moms giggle a bit

"I have a surprise for all of you, a big suprise! Here's our photographer" and she reveals the top row of the pyramid

"It's Brandon" the Moms scream and we all gasp

"It's so weird" Paige says

It's quite funny because he and Brooke used to have a crush on each other

"Is he here?"

"Come here Brandon, oh Diane"

We all scream and jump up and down

"Hi Diane" Maddie says and she hugs us

"Hey handsome" Mommy says to Brandon which is kinda weird but he is though

"Brooke, Brandon you used to have a duet"

"Haha" we all laugh hysterically

"Well guess what, you're going to be doing some partner work , Brandon you're not used to this pace we've been on. You have 4 days to pull this number together, it's not about the laying in the sun, it's not about riding the rock, it's about the dancer"

"Everybody 5 minutes to warm up and then choreography let's go"

Me and McKenzie are stretching and giggling about Brandon together, and of course we're not in the routine but since Vivi isn't here me and McKenzie do the duet instead.

Since we're not at our usual studio I can't have any privates this week and it is so boring. I sit around all day until our duet practice.

"Your duet is about fairies and you have cute little costumes"

We learn the duet and it's really fun but I'm so nervous to perform it.

We get in the bus to go back to the hotel and Brooke tells us she's going on a date with Brandon. We all scream.

At the hotel I have to share a room with Brooke and Paige but they dibsed the real beds so now I have to sleep on the sofa bed.

The next couple days we do nothing, well I do nothing, they are all working on the group and I just have to watch so I practice my pirouettes and I still can't get them. Ugh

The day before the competition we go to Miss Abby's Orlando house and there's a pool. Although I can't really swim

"Come on in, hello" Abby says as we walk in

We're outside and then she brings out her mom and she says hi to all of us. Then we go eat lunch and it's so yummy, miss Abby is actually being quite nice for once

"Who's going in" but before anyone can say anything she chucks Brooke in and she screams. Mommy puts armbands on me so I can go in. Then they chuck in a watermelon and we're all trying to get it but I can't really grab it with my armbands on. I get it but it slips from my hands immediately.

Then Maddie starts to cry and we're all still fighting over the watermelon and screaming. Then we go back to the hotel ready for competition tomorrow.

The first thing in the comp was the pageant and only Brooke and Maddie qualified. When Maddie is doing her speech she messes it up though and I feel so bad for her. I don't need to though because she won. I wanna be like that.

Then there getting ready for the group and I think it was so good. Brooke and Brandon should date but everyone says they have no chemistry? Like the subject?

When they announce awards they don't even place and Diane is not happy about it so she leaves the competition.

Then we go back to the hotel room and tomorrow is solos and mine and Mckenzie's duet tomorrow.

Duets are first so Mommy is doing my hair while Brooke and Paige do my makeup, then I change into my costume.

The costume

The costume

"Please help me welcome to the stage a mini duet fairy land"

We walk on to stage as if we're flying and do the dance it's so fun and then we run like fairies off the stage but exit on opposite sides. I rush round backstage to reach the other side and I meet McKenzie halfway and we hug.

Then the solos perform and we end up getting 3rd with our duet so not too bad.

I still want a solo really bad and when we go to nationals I really want to win