two

Evangeline sat at her kitchen table resting her head on her hand, tapping her fingers on the table while staring at her phone waiting for it to light up with an incoming phone call. She had been waiting for the past 30 minutes, mostly watching the sunset from her window. Waiting and waiting for the call from her agent.

The opportunity of a lifetime hangs in the balance. The future of her career would be decided the second she answered. It won't make or break her, it is just something she wants so deeply. She tried coming to terms with the chance of disappointment, but she hoped with everything in her that she wouldn't have to face that possibility.

As she was lost in the thoughts brewing in her mind, a ringtone broke her out of her trance and she sprung up and grabbed her phone rushing to answer it

"Hello" She answered, hoping she didn't come off too eager.

"Evangeline! I've got some great news for you" The voice exclaimed through the phone, matching her energy.

"What did he say?" Evie questioned

"You will be producing music for the Last of Us. Probably one of the biggest projects you'll face this year. Congratulations, you deserve it" Avery, her agent expressed sincerely.

"Thank you so much for pulling through for me. I appreciate it." She said choking out, ignoring the tears forming.

"Of course. Have a good night!" Enameling returned the sentiment before having up.She put her phone down, processing the news she got before she started jumping up and down in celebration. The sense of accomplishment coursing through her veins gave her a slight head rush. She came full circle, starting from a run-down 2-bedroom apartment that she shared with her best friend living off of pizza rolls, Kraft Mac and cheese, and cheap coffee.

Working 50 hours a week while going to college, hoping the songs she wrote and recorded in her bedroom went viral on YouTube. Years later she's working on music for something that got her through the most stressful time of her life. A couple days ago, she would have never thought this was something she would wish for. She was so excited about what this opportunity held.

Out of curiosity, she wondered if the cast was released, so she picked up her phone and opened Instagram going to search for HBO's profile, but the first post on her feed answered everything she was wondering

"No fucking way"

𓆩*𓆪

liked by hbomax, evie

liked by hbomax, evie.parker, thelastofus, and 594,917 others
pascalispunk Joel Miller. #Thelastofus premiers January 15 on @hbomax #Savewhoyoucansave #TLOU @thelastofus
View all 24,974 comments
hbomax The best Joel Miller TV will ever see💜
user52641 I can't wait!!!!😍
user190374 I am totally ready to cry
evie.parker WHAT?!?!? omg i'm going to be working with the Pedro Pascal???
instagram joel x ellie melt our hearts

pascalispunk liked your comment: WHAT?!?!? omg i'm going to be working with the Pedro Pascal???
pascalispunk followed you back!
pascalispunk sent you a message

pascalispunk
Hi! I thought I met everyone on the cast, I'm so sorry I missed you. I can't wait to be on screen with you!

evie.parker
Oh no! lol i'm not a cast member, i'm going to be a music producer with Gustavo Santaolalla and David Fleming. Sorry about the confusion:)

pascalispunk
Oh ok, well regardless I am thrilled to be working with you. I have to admit I just listened to your album when I
I saw your comment. The music of the show is in extremely good hands! ☺️

evie.parker
Thank you! I hope I do a good job. I mean, It's only one of the biggest games right? No pressure at all 🙂

pascalispunk
Nope, none! Why would we be nervous?? It's not like we are dealing with the most judgmental and cruel fans right? 😂

evie.parker
Exactly!

pascalispunk
It's getting late, I should be getting to bed. I hope I see you on set next week. I enjoyed talking to you Evangeline. :)

evie.parker
Goodnight Pedro! I look forward to it. Sleep good.

𓆩*𓆪

Evie found herself smiling slightly at her phone before she found the power button. She set her phone down on her chest as she thought about the upcoming show.

Pedro was perfect for the role. He would embody Joel Miller with every mannerism and look. Pedro was ruggedly handsome, just like Joel.

Picturing him as the role of Joel left it impossible to picture any other man in his place. They casted all the characters perfectly. Bella Ramsey would encapsulate Ellie wonderfully. Bill, Tommy, Tess, and Marlene were like real-life versions of the character.

Evangeline decided to go to bed as well to speed up the week. She wanted it to be Monday so bad. She's never been this excited about working, ever. She was growing nervous. The expectations of the show were weighing on her shoulders. She knew Pedro felt the same, but she couldn't imagine being the star of the show. She was just a small piece of a bigger picture. The music was a minuscule detail compared to being under the microscope like he would be. She felt confident in his abilities but a small part of her hoped he wouldn't break under the pressure.

𓆩*𓆪
Still a short chapter but I have no idea how to start the story off.
Be patient with me plz 🙏🏻