Chapter 1 - Betenor

"Betenor" = "to sigh"

(Bounty hunters helmet as described)

Clang! The blaster shot bounced off the vambrace and into some littering old cargo strewn off to the side. The tight alleyway served as protection for the bounty hunter as they were pressed up against the corner wall, leaning out every now and again to aim a shot at their bounty. A run away senator piling into ridiculous amounts of debt to the worst bankers within the galaxy, warlords. The air around them smelled of faint smoke from their blaster, as well as rusting metal alloy that had been left out in the rain for far too long. The air was thick with moisture from recent bad weather and the ground was a thick slosh of mud with bits and pieces of metal or chipped paint mixed in.

Knowing no more than the absolute necessary things to capture said senator, the who and why of it all were unknown. Therefore irrelevant, especially to the bounty hunter. They were there for a pay day, not to squabble in politics that seemed to be as effective as fueling a ship with Bantha crap.

"I'll pay you double– no triple than you'll earn on turning me in!"

With what? The credits you're indebted to pay certain warlords? Leaning out from the corner of the wall, the bounty hunter fired off two shots with the blaster. One aiming to the left of the bounty who tried bargaining, effectively making him jump to the right to not get hit. But it was an unwise decision as he was now standing out in the open. The other shot hit him in the leg, earning a screech as he dropped down on the ground. Senators, always so dramatic.

The bounty hunter stepped out from the corner and quickly stepped over to him, kicking his blaster out from his hand. He squealed from the hit and rolled over onto his back, breathing heavily from the burning pain, "Please... I– the offer still stands. Let me go and y-you'll have your credits, I-I swear!"

His hands trembled in the air as he held them up in a meagre defence. The bounty hunters' blaster was staring down at the senator's face. But all he could see was a helmet staring down at him, almost as if they were death itself coming to collect his puny soul. A gloved finger rested gently against the trigger. To think, that an ounce of pressure could be so fatal. It almost made the bounty hunter laugh. It was a ridiculous thing really. Luckily for the man squabbling in the mud before them, such power would not be demonstrated against him. Not today at least.

"I tell you, three million credits, straight into your possession! Even the Emper– I-I mean uh, even a-a droid could see the profit you would be making in that–" a quick blow to the head with the butt-end of the blaster ended the senators rambling.

The bounty hunter sighed heavily and shook their helmeted head, "Fucking senators."

Holstering their blaster, they grabbed a handful of the unconscious senator's coat and started dragging him through the mud. The dark mud was already thick around their boots as they walked on, they had been forced to chase the bounty through half the city before ending up in a short lived shootout. The senator, Kai Seetari, proved to be awful with a blaster. Which the bounty hunter didn't mind, only made their job easier. And they certainly didn't mind an easy pay day.

Dragging Senator Seetari along through the scrap town of Bracca back to their ship, they didn't get many looks. The scrappers here didn't care either way, scrap is scrap, metal or not. Plus, they wouldn't gain a medal of honour for taking the bounty of a bounty hunter. Even an idiot could understand that.

A black painted Kom'rk fighter ship with orange stripe details stood waiting for the bounty hunter as they dragged the unconscious body along. Its long wings stood straight, pointing to the sky as if to say that it wanted to go back into the star-filled galaxy again.