Chapter 3 - Duraanir

"Duraanir" = "Scorn", or literally; "To hold in contempt"

Dank farrik. Standing in a room with four rugged looking Stormtroopers and an Imperial warlord was not Werda's ideal situation. Her arms hung by her sides, but they were tensed and ready to reach for her blaster. Being greeted by two of the Stormtroopers by the door had been enough to set off every single alarm bell in her head. She had a, complicated history with the Empire.

"Greef Karga told me about you," the older man who appeared to be the warlord hissed out his words, "says you are merciless."

Werda kept quiet, she was too busy grinding her teeth together in anger. It took all her willpower to not start blasting everyone inside the stale room. It was a barren room with a single mudded over window behind the old man who sat by an empty table. Clearly the table and chair he had was only there for his comfort when dealing with the bounty hunter he sought out. She reckoned that it would only take a minute or two to clear them all out, depending on how many more Stormtroopers there were hiding behind the door to her right.

"Not a hunter of many words I see... the asset–"

The word caught her attention, this was no ordinary bounty; for an asset is not the same as a quarry.

" –is of extreme importance to us. There is a fob only, and their age." his pale blue eyes bore into her helmet, waiting for a sign of confirmation.

Werda nodded her upwards to convey that she was waiting for him to present the tracking fob. There's no need to dally anymore than necessary, old man.

He slowly put the device down on the table, almost afraid to move too fast, "They are 50 years old and they were last known to be residing on Arvala-7."

She glanced around at the four present Stormtroopers as she slowly moved to the table and picked up the tracking fob, still not saying anything. There was no apparent need to speak and if they never heard her voice, well then they wouldn't be able to recognise her should the job go sour. A quick wardrobe change and she could disappear. After the day she lost everything, the Empire has been a burning thorn in her life. So the chances of her 'accidentally' messing up the job and killing a few Imps were high.

But in this circumstance, the credits had a hold on her and were the top priority. As much as it gnawed on her conscience to be hired by Imperials, she needed the payday.

The warlord reached into his inner coat pocket and Werda reacted instinctively by whipping out her blaster. Clicking sounds of blasters being readied sounded all around her as the Stormtroopers reacted to her drawing hers. The old man paused and slowly pulled out a piece of thick, good quality, fabric and laid it down on the table, "There is no need for that, we have come to the discussion of payment."

Folding up the fabric he revealed an ingot of pure beskar, branded with the Imperial mark. Werda could feel her hands sweating, pulse gradually picking up. Maybe this job for the Imps was not going to work. She holstered her blaster again, hand slightly shaking and noticed the Stormtroopers around her very cautiously lowering their blasters again. But she could read that they were still tense and ready to take a shot if she did something like it again.

The warlord eyed her up and down, seeing her surprise at the pure beskar. Smirking he swept his hand through the air with grandiose, "This is but a small payment in advance. Upon delivery of the asset–"

That word again, it was really grinding the gears in Werda's head. Out of all the words to describe the bounty, he continuously used 'asset'.

" –there will be an entire camtono of beskar waiting for you."