Chapter 2 - Atiniir

"Atiniir" = "To tough it out"

The console in front of her beeped. A dull beep which her mind immediately registered as the safe kind. Meaning that she wasn't about to crash into the ground nor that she was being shot at. It was simply signalling that the ship was about to exit hyperspace and enter a planetary region that would require her to take control of it again.

BD-6 nudged her helmet from its perched position on her shoulder to help wake her up. Groggily rolling her stiff neck from sleeping in the cockpit chair, she stretched her arms to get the blood flowing. The armour plates along her arms, legs and across her chest rustled slightly as she worked her body to rid the worst parts of sleep away. The little droid had hopped off and was now back on the dashboard looking out at the planet ahead. She didn't really mind the sluggish feeling of waking up, but with bounties tied up and most likely awake by now, she wanted to be properly awake.

The dark leathered gloves creaked softly as she flexed her hands, feeling cold from the lack of motion during sleep. Seeing the grey planet of Nevarro floating in front of her, she got the satisfying feeling of a job well done in her. Knowing that she could get a few days rest with the credits payout, was enough to get her in a good mood. Her smile that bloomed was hidden under her helmet, but had someone else been there to observe her, the joy could be picked up on through her movement. The gloved hands moved swiftly amongst the buttons before she grabbed hold of the controls and manoeuvred the ship down to land right outside the city of Nevarro. This was going to be a good day.

"Imperial credits?" she scoffed at him, "You might've missed it but the Empire is dead and gone since long, Karga. This ain't gonna cut it."

Coming into the cantina where the head of the guild, Greef Karga, did his business, she had been in a moderately good mood. Looking forward to payday and time to fix up her ship, everything had been perfect so far. But when he slid over useless Imperial credits as payment, her mood had soured.

"I know that!" he hissed at her like a parent in a shitty mood, "But it's all I got so you either take it and leave, or you hand over the quarries with no payment at all."

She locked her gaze on him and tilted her head slightly to the side. Leaning in over the table she gently answered him, "How 'bout this Karga, you pay me what was agreed upon, or I'll let you meet our Maker. How's that for an offer?"

As he opened his mouth to whip back something, he was interrupted by the sound of her undoing the safety on her blaster underneath the table. He immediately tensed up at the sound and she first figured that he was going to reach for his blaster. But as he grinded his teeth together and glanced around the cantina where no one was paying attention to what was going on at their booth, he seemed to decide against it, "Alright fine!"

Feeling satisfied she leaned back a little and holstered the blaster back on her thigh. A single nod in response is what he got, she was no longer in the mood to be overly nice to him. Greef Karga was a man who seemed to always be in a good mood. But as soon as something ticked him off, he was quickly angered. Other hunters within the guild always said that his temper was more unpredictable than the active volcanoes on the planet.

As she crossed her arms and greedily watched him shuffle around in his seat to get the credits, he glared at her. Even though her face was entirely covered by the orange helmet, he could still feel the smug shit-eating grin directed at him, "Keep grinning like that and people will start mistaking you for a Loothal wolf."

She simply shrugged in response, "Maybe I am, who knows."

The following second he spilled out the credits onto the table. They clattered as they tumbled over each other before settling in disarray on the table between them, "There you go, the total sum for the capture of three bounties, minus the guild fee of forty percent. As agreed upon."