Chapter One: Visitors

Glory

Glory was watching seven strange dragons walking through the rainforest. One of them was red, similar to her former captors, the SkyWings, as Queen Scarlet called them, and she found that a little concerning. And terrifying. She really didn't want to think about her experience in the Sky Palace.

Three of them were like the odd fish-like dragons that fought in the arena battles for Scarlet's entertainment. The largest was a male. His scales were an aquamarine, and he had a nasty scar across his tail that Glory could smell from her position in the bushes.

The one that Glory recognized from the arena battles, the one that had asked Scarlet to let her spare that green SeaWing's (?) life. Glory was pretty sure his name had been Gill. She was a deep blue, but her eyes were a green that was filled with fury. She seemed right at home with all the other dragons, other than the aquamarine SeaWing, who she kept glaring coldly at.

The third fish-dragon was a deep, rich green. He was a little plump and had a nervous aura. Something about him told Glory that he could be dangerous if he wished to be. She didn't know what, but he struck her as a dragon that could kill.

"I still don't like it," worried a black dragon. Glory was pretty sure he fought the monkeys with sharp sticks in the arena with the SeaWing. Vermilion had called him...a NightWing? Yes, that was it. "What if the MudWings were -"

"You and Clay are both scaredy scavengers," commented the SeaWing. "The only things that are here are birds, sloths, and lazy RainWings."

Anger zipped through Glory's veins. Before she could come out of hiding to defend her tribe, however, the big brown dragon spoke up. "Remember that RainWing from the Sky Kingdom? She didn't seem that lazy when she melted Scarlet's face."

The green SeaWing finally spoke up. "That's what happened to Scarlet? She got her face melted by a RainWing?"

The red dragonet, the SkyWing, snorted. "Yup. That RainWing spat venom onto her face. I don't know if she's dead, though. I was in a cage because Scarlet was going to 'fix' me. She thought there was something wrong with me because I want to end the war."

"Zephyrus, there's nothing wrong with you," the small golden dragon said.

Zephyrus laughed. "Thanks, Sunny," he said, flicking his huge red wings. Glory blinked. So, he isn't with Scarlet. What did she do to him?

Glory glanced down at the blowgun in her paws. One way to find out, she thought, and then she fired, knowing that Liana and Jambu were around somewhere, at the small gold SandWing. She watched as invisible RainWings took the small dragon away.

It took the dragons a few moments to notice their missing companions, but when they did, they freaked.

"Guys?" the black dragon (NightWing?) asked. "Where's Sunny?"

The SeaWing whirled around. "Sunny?" she called. "SUNNY? This isn't a funny prank! Where are you?"

The unconscious gold dragonet was being escorted to the village. Glory knew she was safe. It was pretty hilarious that they panicked so quickly.

She saw another dart whiz by and hit the large SeaWing in the neck. He was rather close to her, so she snatched him away.

She felt an invisible wing brush against hers, and paws grasped the large SeaWing, to take him back to the village.

Glory shot another dart, this time at the small SeaWing. He blinked in surprise but fell unconscious quickly and said nothing. He was taken by an invisible RainWing. Glory smirked. This part was always funny.

She shot another dart at the brown dragon, who was tucked away by another camouflaged RainWing, and then tried to hit the SeaWing. But the blue dragon ducked, and the dart went flying over her head, hitting a tree. The SeaWing's eyes widened.

"ALRIGHT!" she yelled. "Come out right now or I will rip off all your claws!"

Glory stepped out of the undergrowth, revealing her green and amber scales. Jambu and Liana followed her, both looking amused at the SeaWing's threats.

But they weren't the only ones. Glory smirked at the SeaWing's expression as she watched the trees ripple and shift to reveal RainWings - so many RainWings.

"Hey, strange dragons," Glory said, still smirking. "My name's Glory. This is Jambu, and this is Liana. Welcome to the rainforest."

The SeaWing was staring at Glory now, her webbed claws digging into the dirt. "What did you do to the dragons I was traveling with?"

Glory waved a wing casually. "Tranquilizer darts. They're back in the village. I assume you want to see them?"

The SeaWing nodded. The black dragon still hadn't moved from his spot. The SeaWing looked at him and swatted him with her wing. "Starflight, come on. They aren't going to kill us...I don't think."

She looked at Glory suspiciously. Glory rolled her eyes. The only dragons she was going to kill were the ones that kidnapped her little sister. The SeaWing huffed at Glory's skeptical expression.

"I'm Princess Tsunami of the SeaWings, and the jumpy black dragon is Starflight," she said. Her green eyes were suspicious, and her muscles were tense in a way that said she was ready to kill at any moment.

If Tsunami was a princess, Glory would have lots of new ways to make fun of her. Good.

"Okay, then," Liana said. "You want to see your friends. We can bring you to the village. You might want to be tranquilized, though, because it's hard to fly here."

"By the moons, no!" Tsunami spat as Starflight said politely, "No, thank you."

Glory flicked her wings back. "'Kay then. But if you knock yourself unconscious on a tree, I won't be sorry."

"Glory," Jambu scolded. Glory rolled her eyes. I can say what I want, Jambu, she thought. Just because it isn't RainWing doesn't mean anything.

The flight back to the village was rather boring. Tsunami was angry with the world and Starflight was looking at everything in awe, like he'd never seen colors in his life. Glory kept these thoughts to herself. The other RainWings had never appreciated her sarcastic comments before, or any of her snark.

At the shock on Tsunami and Starflight's faces when they saw the village, Glory couldn't help stopping indigo from creeping across her scales. Pride was what that was. The RainWings constructed it and designed it. Queen Scarlet couldn't say that her tribe was lazy if she saw this.

"Glory," a new voice said. "Any luck with the missing dragons?"