Chapter Two: Disappearances

Glory

Glory turned around to look at Mangrove, who was standing on one of the leaf platforms. She landed next to him.

"I've been working on it," she said. "My patrol found these dragons while we were looking for wherever they might be. Hopefully we'll find them soon."

"Wait," Tsunami said. "MISSING DRAGONS? What happened?"

Glory sighed. "Fifteen of our tribe members have disappeared. Me and Mangrove are in charge of investigating, though I believe that that should be Magnificent's responsibility, because it's her turn this month."

"Turn?" the black dragon, Starflight, blurted. "You guys take turns being queen?"

Mangrove nodded. "Yes, but that's not important." His claws were digging into the platform, and his brow was furrowed anxiously. "What's important is that we've been looking for them ever since Splendor disappeared. Glory was the one who noticed she was gone, and then Orchid vanished not long after that, so I decided to help her investigate."

"It's only a few dragons," Liana said. "Don't see why it's that important."

Glory glared at the older RainWing. Her scales were a bright, angry red, streaked with black. Fire burned in the dragoness's eyes. Liana gave her a surreal look that said, 'dear, I know you won't attack me.'

Glory hissed. "My sister is one of the missing dragons," she snarled. "You won't be so aloof when someone you love goes missing! Maybe then you'll decide to help!"

Liana let out a heavy sigh. "Dear, you'd understand that this situation isn't that bad if you stopped neglecting your suntime. You've been awfully loud, and you know it."

"WHATEVER!" Glory roared, losing all of her patience with Liana. She opened her wings and flew away. She wasn't exactly sure where she was flying - all she knew was that she needed to get away from Liana's annoyingly calm view of the situation before she melted someone's face off, just as she'd done with the SkyWing queen.

The trees were passing by in a blur. Glory suddenly twisted upwards, flying insanely fast towards the sun. Most other RainWings would be getting ready for suntime by now, but she didn't care.

The RainWing dragonet was now flying over the canopy, sunlight bathing her scales. Glory folded back her ruff. Nothing was okay, no matter what Liana said.

Why can't Magnificent do anything about this? she thought, clenching her paws. Her breathing was heavy, and tears were falling down her face.

Glory's chest ached. It just wasn't fair.

A/N: I really wanted to write...whatever that was, so please forgive me. I know, it was short, and Glory and Liana are basically the opposite of besties. Poor Glory, though. She's just worried for her sister and all the other missing dragons.

And of course, Glory hates Magnificent. That's important later. The next chapter will be Moon POV, so yeah, we get a partially insane dragonet as a protagonist. Fun. Oh, and actual plot. That hasn't happened yet.