𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝐹𝑎𝑖𝑙

"Horace, you don't understand, we have to leave

"Horace, you don't understand, we have to leave." Kaz paced from the door, to the man in the doctor's coat. "You sure there's even a security threat?"

"It's hard to say. The system's very sensitive. It can be triggered by any threat, no matter how small." Horace told them, annoying the three -who had planned a surprise party- even more. "Sometimes it's triggered by things that aren't even threats at all. A summer breeze, moths, or hateful words."

"A stupid summer breeze just blew a bunch of moths in," Alan walked through the double doors, complaining as usual, "and they ate holes in my favorite vest. I hate those moths!"

"I hate you!" Micaela shouted at him as he left, Horace going the opposite way and leaving as well.

"Guys," Kaz grinned with an idea, "I just figured out how to get us out so we can go to the Domain."

"I'm not going though moths." Leo stated, pulling at his shirt to show it off. "This is new."

"We should stay." Oliver insisted. "I don't wanna get in trouble. Plus, Solar Flare's making kettle corn."

"I could go for a snack." Leo admitted, staring off to look at where Solar Flare lit fire from her hands under a bowl as some guy stirred the kettles.

"Let's just grab the bowl on the way out." Micaela stared longingly at the bowl of popcorn, holding her stomach as if it hurt.

"You have to come with us." Kaz pleaded with Oliver. "Won't be the same without you. we only have so many years to do these things together, Oliver."

"Fine, I'll go." Oliver gave in quickly.

~*~

"Guys, I don't think this is a good idea." Oliver stood nervously beside Leo, looking every way down the hall, watching out for anyone who might get them in trouble.

"Are you kidding me?" Kaz looked up from the vent him and Micaela crouched beside, using two screwdrivers -the girl had in the pocket of her letterman jacket- to one the vent way so they could leave. "This is how my brother got out of jail."

"And back in." Leo commented, earning a shrug from Kaz as Micaela opened the vent to reveal the way they would be going through. Pushing his way through his friends, Leo made his way to be in the front and go in first.

"Why are you guys leaving?" Alan came out of no where and watched the group with curious eyes as Micaela and Leo froze, only moving to look at one another.

"We're not leaving." Kaz pulled Leo out of the vent.

"Just... cleaning the vent." Micaela lied.