🌕 Keychains || Mitsukou

Mentions of events happened in chapters 98-100

Kou didn't know what he was doing. He had gotten a bunch of keychains over the weekend, so he wanted to give some to his friends. He didn't know where he would use all of them, so he gave one to Teru and Tiara as well. 

The keychains weren't like the ones at the weird supernatural aquarium. They were more like nature ones. There were a bunch of trees, leaves, flowers, and mushrooms. There were two animals, one was a fox while the other was a deer, but Tiara and he already took it. Tiara had the deer while Kou had the fox.

Since Kou couldn't find Mitsuba, the person he wanted to give one to first, he gave one to Nene. It wasn't like Kou had a bias for Mitsuba. Besides, he'd never grow a crush on a supernatural. No way would he ever do that.

Nene chose a flower keychain. Kou assumed she would choose one of the flower ones since she was in the garden club.

With no sign of where Mitsuba could be, Kou gave keychains to Satou and Yokoo. They each chose the ones with trees. Kou didn't know why he got so many keychains in the first place. He thought they were cool, but now he was just trying to get rid of them by giving them to other people. They were still cool, but there were too many of them.

Kou was running out of people to give the keychains to. He decided to give one to Aoi and Akane since they were in a group chat with him. 

At that point, he was just trying to lessen the amount of keychains. Why not give one to the person who told him how to become a supernatural? They only interacted that one time, but Kou just had so many keychains.

Finally once the day was over, he went to find Mitsuba. The only reason he went to Mitsuba last was because he couldn't find him earlier. 

Kou stood in front of the mirrors of the bathroom. He got into the Hell of Mirrors once, let's see if he could do it again. 

Although the last time he went to the Hell of Mirrors, he was with Hanako. Kou doubted Hanako would help him out. Well, maybe Hanako would, but if Kou said the reason, Hanako would definitely find a way to tease him about it. 

Kou sighed. His best option would be to ask Hanako for help. He didn't know if Hanako would actually help. It would be better to try rather than attempting to do it himself.

On Kou's way to walk to the girls' bathroom, he saw Mitsuba wandering around aimlessly. Before he lost his train of thoughts and where Mitsuba went, Kou called out to Mitsuba. 

"EH?! Oh, it's just you and your lame-ass traffic earing," Mitsuba said as he turned his attention to Kou. 

Kou stood there for a while, trying to figure out what to say to Mitsuba. He didn't want to be in an awkward situation. Then again, it would probably turn into one quickly.

"The cat got your tongue?" Mitsuba said teasingly. Kou shook his head. He was still figuring out what to say, but he should probably hurry up and say it. Mitsuba was most likely getting impaitent with him.

"No, but would you like a keychain?" Kou asked. He showed Mitsuba the options left. There was a tree and a mushroom left. 

When Mitsuba saw the options, he grabbed the mushroom keychain. It wasn't as good as the keychains at the aquarium, but they were keychains nonetheless. Either way, he would still take them since they're keychains and Kou was the one who was handing it out.

While Mitsuba had the mushroom keychain in his palm, Kou noticed there was a slight blush on his face. Why would be Mitsuba blushing? Was he embarrassed about choosing the mushroom keychain? 

"Mitsuba, it's just a keychain. You don't need to get embarrassed over it."

Kou was oblivious to the real reason Mitsuba was blushing. When Kou mentioned Mitsuba's blush, Mitsuba covered his face. Kou didn't need to see his blush.

"You're dense," Mitsuba said. Kou sighed. That was Mitsuba as always. He would say an insult and then the next moment he'd leave without explaining.

Mitsuba's statement of Kou being dense confused Kou. How was he at all dense?

-------

Word count: 729

Written using these emojis as a baseline: ✨🍄😳🥺👉👈 (you can blame my friends for this, also the last three I kind of ignored shush)