🌑 Wonder || Mitsukou

Alive au, you can hear your soulmate sing

"I can't control my feelings. I can't control my thoughts."

Why? Why did Mitsuba always hear that first thing at 4 AM? It was honestly his alarm, despite him wanting to sleep in. Who in the right mind would sing first thing when they wake up? Unless they were already awake beforehand. Still didn't give someone the excuse to wake him up to a song.

It wasn't just the weekdays when Mitsuba heard the song at 4 AM. He got woken up by it on the weekends. All he wanted to do was sleep in, but his soulmate said otherwise. Why would someone even be up that early to sing a song to their soulmate? 

"I'm staring at the ceiling, wondering how I got so caught. You're completely off limits. For more reasons than just one, but I can't stop."

When his soulmate first started singing, he never thought anything of it. He didn't know the person. Why would he care for a random person? As time passed, Mitsuba got a bit more worried about whoever was his soulmate. He didn't have feelings for his soulmate. It was nothing like that. He was just concerned about them. It's totally different from love. 

"You're aware of my existence, but you don't know that I'm here. You're the center of attention. You control the atmosphere."

Mitsuba didn't even understand what that meant. Then again, ever since Kou helped him be how he usually is, he noticed Kou acting strange. Nah, it's not Kou. It couldn't be. No way it was him. There was no way Kou with his lame ass traffic earing was his soulmate. Mitsuba wouldn't believe it. Besides, it was probably someone else. What were the chances of it being Kou? It was probably someone else. Not everyone he knew liked how he was the center of attention 

"You're so busy being busy. I don't want to interfere, but I can't stop."

Of course, Mitsuba was busy being busy. That's what it's means. When someone is busy, it means they are busy being busy. It was like that one time he overheard someone saying, "pain is painful." Such a stupid thing to say. Wasn't it obvious that pain was painful? Either way, Mitsuba's mind digressed from the original topic.

"So, I'll remain within your reign, until my thoughts can travel somewhere new. My mind is blind to everything but you. And I wonder if you wonder about me too."

Well of course Mitsuba wondered about the person singing to him. It wasn't normal to be awake at 4 AM and the first thing you decide to do is sing. That's illogical. Well, at least to Mitsuba it was. Who on Earth would want to wake up at 4 AM? What do they even get out of waking up that early? Better yet, who would decide to sing first thing in the morning?  He didn't even understand what the purpose was. 

-------

"If you were to stop talking, I don't know what I would do."

Yeah, it was somewhat true. It wasn't normal for Mitsuba to be quiet most of the time. He always had an insult up his sleeve, or just a loud comment in general.

Well, Kou didn't know for sure it was Mitsuba, but he had a guess it was Mitsuba. Either way, people tended to talk about the songs their soulmate sung at school. Sooner or later, he'd figure it out.

Even with his guess, he hoped his soulmate was Mitsuba. There were so many days Kou had Mitsuba stuck in his head. It all started on the day Kou helped Mitsuba be his true self. Kou still thought about what Mitsuba said to him as he took a picture. He wondered what could be so important to him that he had to take a picture of it.

"The future's far less daunting, walking into it with you."

Whenever Mitsuba was around, he felt a bit more comfortable about the what ifs. He still didn't like it, but it was better to have some sort of comfort than none.

"So drink 'til you can't think and pretend I'm what you choose 'cause I can't stop."

Kou hated how on somedays he couldn't even get Mitsuba out of his head. 

"So I'll remain within your reign, until my thoughts can travel somewhere new. My mind is blind to everything but you. My mind is blind to everything but you. And I wonder if you wonder about me."

Kou doubted Mitsuba would even know it was him. Mitsuba would probably shrug it off as nothing. He probably wouldn't even know what it was.

Kou sighed and just tried to go back to sleep. He didn't even know why he always woke up at 4 AM. He always struggled to go back to sleep after he woke up. The time he woke up didn't matter.

-------

Word count: 807

I heard this song and decided to write this.