Part 22

A knock of the door, broke Tony from his own thoughts. He cleared his throat before shouting for whoever it was to come in..

"Tony I got you a coffee.."

"Since when do you get me coffee?" He asked with annoyance.

"Well.. um.. Miss Potts isn't here and.. she told me you would need coffee every few hours.."

"Right.. well thanks..but I'm good I can get one myself.."

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't say it if I wasn't, now will that be all?"

"Y-..yes that will be all.."

"Good.. and it's Mr Stark to you got it?" She nodded and headed back to the door, she could feel the tension from him, he wasn't in the mood to play games.

"If I may say.." she started.. but Tony huffed..

"No you may not.. now if you don't mind.."  he gestured for the girl to leave him alone.

The girl understood he wasn't in the mood to talk so she left with a disappointed sigh. . Although he carried on working, his mind was elsewhere, he was lost without her.

He needed to know how she is, he wanted to know why she just left? It had only been a few days since she left him but he couldn't stop missing her.

He sat back in his chair with his arms folded.. watching the clock tick by..Every second was agonising for him. He just couldn't understand why she would do it.

Later, Tony again was interrupted this time by Pepper..

"You have to sign these for the new employees to attend their training.."

She waited by his desk holding the pen, waiting for him to take it..

"Tony!" She shouted trying to get him to focus..

"What?"

"Please sign these?" She asked again and he sighed taking the pen from her hand.

"I've never seen you like this..so distracted.. so.. heartbroken.."

"Well I am Pep.. I loved her and she just.. left.."

"Haven't you tried finding out why?" He shot her a glare..

"Of course!! I call her and it doesn't even connect..like she's blocked my number.."

Pepper was surprised, this wasn't like her.. even if she didn't agree with their relationship, it was still very out of character.

"Maybe I could call at her apartment? Contact her for work?" She offered and Tony nodded..

"Yes! You must try and call her.. please.."

Pepper hated every second of this but did as her boss asked.. she took out her phone and started calling her number.

"Here.. it's ringing.."

Tony took the phone from her and waited.. waited until finally..

"Uh.. hello? Miss Potts.." he heard her voice and immediately relaxed his his chair, he waved his hand for Pepper to leave him for privacy, to which she did.

"Babe? It's me.." he whispered back..

"Tony? Why are you calling me?"

"I miss you.." those words made her eyes fill, she blinked as the tears fell onto her cheek..

"I miss you too.." she admitted and it was like heaven to hear for Tony..

"Then why did you leave me?"