Chapter - 2

"Beta, now leave your game and get ready, we are going to the temple", my mom said

I'm currently at my parent's home in Ujjain and it's new year's Eve. I must give you a small intro about me I guess. I'm Ahaan and I love reading. I'm in a situationship with my laptop and my mom is against it. Well, She loves giving us surprises. 

Once, When I moved to Pune, she got the phone numbers of people who live in the same building as me. Damn, she also warned the neighbors to not disturb me when I'm sleeping. I'm afraid of thinking about what she is up to currently. I can only hope that she does not pull any new stunts now...

The ride to the temple was good. Sigh. No stunt played till now. After the visit to the Gopal Mandir, she took me to an astrologer. When the astrologer enquired about her visit, she said "Aapne jesa bola tha, mein saath shanivaar Mahaakaal ji ke mandir gayi. Ab aap batao-"

( As you said, I went to the Mahaakaal ( lord Shiva ) temple for seven Saturdays. Now, tell me-)

Her words were interrupted by me. "Maa, aap is thand mein mandir gayi... esi kya emergency thi?"

( Mom, you visited temples during such cold weather... What was the emergency?" ) 

Here I am concerned about her health  and she is just ignoring my question 

"Maa-"

"Nalyak, chup nahi reh sakta thodi der. Ek toh tere liy yeh sab kar rahi hu aur tu mujhe hi pareshaan kar raha hai..."

( "Stupid, can't keep quiet for a while. I am doing all this for you and you are troubling me..." )

"But Maa-"

"Umar dekhi hai kabhi khudki, 20 saal ka hogaya hai tu... Teri umar mein mein aur tere papa ek dusre ko date karte the... unhone jab mujhe phele baar dekha tab hi propose kardiya tha aur tu *while slapping my head* ek girlfriend nahi dhund paya... Teri college ki ladkiyaan kitni achi hai, kisiko to propose karta. Bas, din bhar books aur laptop, kabhi kisi ladki ko hello bhi kaha hai kya tune... Kash koi tere dimaag mein thodi akal daal pata."

( Look at your age, you are 20 years old... when I and your father were of your age, we used to date each other... when he saw me for the first time he proposed to me and you *while slapping his head* are not able to find a girlfriend... The girls at your college are nice, at least you could have proposed to someone. Always you will be with your books or laptop, have you ever said hello to a girl... I wish someone would put some sense in your mind."

"STOPPPP~~~~~~~", The astrologer screamed, "A girl will soon enter your son's life. Now please go...please..."

We left the place immediately. Mom was on a call with someone since we reached home exactly 30 minutes. I was busy packing my bags cause I'll leave for Pune via bus. Yes, a long approx 15 hours bus trip. I must reach by midnight, I guess.

"Ahaan, beta, your new year's gift." She said while forwarding an envelope.

"But maa, I don't want you to waste your money"

She retorted, "Who would be interested to waste money on you." As I thought Typical Indian Mother. She continued, "This contains all information about your new roommate... From her name to her favorite Marvel character. She is so pretty, at least make her your friend. And Haan, take care beta"

I took the envelope and put it in my bag. My father also came back from his night shift. I bid them bye and was off to meet my new roommate...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, do let me know how this part is, and enjoy your day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Precap:-

"Mummmmyyy!!! Bhoottt" he said.

"Aai, Chorrrr" she said.

Then came a voice, " Chup, ekdum chup".