-* Be no loud *-

Chapter 2

We had been walking for what felt like hours, the humid jungle climate had sweat dripping down my face and back the more I was shoved and pulled from tree to tree as my captor's harsh barks of laughter rang through the jungle each time I stumbled or tripped over my own feet. Within the first few minutes of being roughly escorted to wherever we were going, I had made the rather startling discovery that I had a long blue tail. I had been staring up at the large overhead canopy as I walked, watching the strange alien creature dart from tree to tree, watching us with cautious curiosity as we passed, when I felt something brush the back of my calf, startled I whipped around to peer at my lower leg expecting there to be some carnivorous creature gnawing on the tender flesh that was my calf, but to my surprise, I found an elongated blue tail decorated with the same thin rope and beads that made up my top. I let out a startled laugh and reached out to grab it, I held it up to my body peering at it with childlike wonder, hearing a cough I turned to my captors who were watching me with cruel amusement, I winced as they nudged each other mocking my discovery of my tail and laughing at my crestfallen expression.

"nìn fì'u skxawng" one of them hissed motioning at me. Another one roughly grabbed my hand displaying my five fingers,

"vrrtep sì tspangyu" She growled,

"ayoe sweylu tspang tsal set ulte 'avun olo' ta kxitx" One particularly violent-looking one called, seeming to try and get the others to agree with him.

"Txi nefä, ayoe rä'ä pängkxo nìwotx trr!" The female leader called out in a rough low hiss startling the others into action, once again I was roughly shoved forwards as we continued our journey. We would occasionally stop by a lake or a river often crowded with herds of bulky scaled beasts 'sturmbeasts' the voice at the back of my head whispered, so that my captors could fill up their 'paysmung', it was a small leather-like pouch which would hold water that they could drink, essentially small portable water containers.

What seemed like days later we had finally arrived at our destination the leader held out a hand to stop the others,

"you," She said in a heavily accented voice

"Come" She turned away sharply and stalked off as I trailed behind her, the beads woven into her hair making a satisfying clicking sound with every step she took. We pushed our way through the thick jungle leaves one after another, I was thinking so deeply that I didn't see the woman in front of me stop and I walked into her back. I must have caught her off guard as she whipped around baring her teeth with a low growl in her throat, I swiftly raised my hands to cover my face in self-defence and cringed back waiting for her to leap on me and rip my throat out, but instead all I heard was a low hiss of a chuckle.

"You are..weak... Like.. baby" she chided, I felt my nose crinkle in defence

"Bit rude" I mumbled looking away from her and crossing my arms over my chest. She turned and continued pushing roughly through the leaves letting them hit me in the face as I followed her, she was quick, swiftly twisting and turning through the jungle as if it was as easy as breathing, I however, was much less graceful, stumbling and falling whenever a challenge presented itself. Once again the woman stopped this time holding up a hand to stop me, she turned her head to look at me sternly

"No talking... be" She paused to think for a moment

"No loud", and with that, she grabbed my upper arm and dragged me forward.

My breath was promptly stolen from my chest as I laid eyes on what surely had to be their home. Surrounded by large lush rolling mountains and standing proudly in front of me was the largest tree I had ever seen. It was kilometres wide and the tallest branches thick with deep green leaves seemed to brush the clouds, in one section of the thicker tree branches were woven hammocks swinging gently in the breeze and decorated with personal memorabilia such as feathers and strands of brightly coloured beads that clicked gently as the hammocks swung. The tree seemed to be bursting with life, bright colour birds nestled deep in the large leaves, while blue-striped children jumped and swung from the strong branches as they shrieked with laughter and vigorously yelled at each other in their native tongues. My gaze settled on the bustling community at the hollow base of the large home tree, the blue people moved with graceful movements around each other as they completed their menial tasks, gathering food and herding animals about as they laughed and talked amongst themselves, occasionally stopping to greet someone with an odd hand signal from their forehead, the other would stop, smile and signal them back. Small campfires were scattered in the large hollow base of the tree with people sitting around them and cooking what she could only assume was their dinner, while strange light fixtures stood on poles illuminating the darker areas in the hollow base of the tree, I if squinted I could make out many hand-woven tapestries and hammocks strung from the thick roots. The delicious smell of cooking meat wafted past me accompanied by the sonorous sound of a musical instrument, I felt a sudden sharp pang of hunger stab through my stomach, and I was reminded for the first time that I had not eaten since I woke up in this strange place. I glanced at the woman next to me as her grip tightened on my arm and her scarred face slowly turned to look at me almost boastingly before dragging me closer.