Chapter 10 - The Brush

Prince Seungcheol was reading his book in the castle garden when the two guards clumsily made their way to him and bowed. Seungcheol looked at them expectantly, but seeing the looks on their faces it was clear that they failed to find the beautiful man he met the day before.

'Nothing?' he asked and closed the book. Seungkwan and Soonyoung shook their heads.

'If the fact that we got chased by a dragon doesn't count then nothing' said Soonyoung. Seungcheol gave them a skeptical look.

'A dragon' he repeated, clearly not buying any of it.

'It was a damn beast!' exclaimed Seungkwan. 'It blew fire at us as we were searching through the forest! It was at least ten meters tall!

'Or even twenty!' exaggerated Soonyoung. Seungcheol snickered and shook his head. Knowing the duo they only made this up because they didn't make progress and didn't want to take the blame.

'So nothing new about the boy' he stated bitterly. The two shook their heads again.

'I hate to say this, but if he went into that forest then I'm pretty sure he is already-' and Seungkwan did a gesture with his hand in front of his neck, signaling that the boy must be dead by then. Seungcheol glared at him.

'I hope you are wrong' he whispered, then stood up from the bench he was sitting on, walking away angrily.

.

If Dino had ever felt embarrassment in his short life then it was nothing compared to the feeling he had when Hugo landed on the roof of the castle. The purple baby dragon was standing in Gothel's garden with his right foot in a bucket that had half-smashed raspberries in it. Jisoo was beside him as always, but the appearance of the majestic dragon made the bunny back away a few steps. Still, he stayed and Dino was thankful for that.

'Oh, Father!' Dino gasped seeing Hugo arrive and he tried to step out of the bucket clumsily, resulting in him tripping over his own foot and landing on his butt. Way to impress your father, Dino, he thought to himself.

'What even are you doing?' wondered Hugo with a blank face.

'Ummm... I'm making some paint? For Jeonghan hyung. Because Gothel destroyed all his painting stuff and now he can't-'

'I said this a million times. You have nothing to do with that boy. And he is not your hyung!' groaned Hugo. 'You're a dragon!'

'And you also told me a million times that a dragon is always loyal to its human!' said Dino. 'And I'm being loyal to my human!'

'By having your foot in a bucket of raspberries? Way to express your loyalty' snickered Hugo. Dino frowned and looked down.

'Sometimes there's no other way' he whispered to himself.

It seemed like Hugo had nothing else to say to him as he spread his wings and emerged from the rooftop of the castle.

'Your father gives me the chills' said Jisoo quietly.

'You're not the first one who says that' pouted Dino. Then he shook his head and sighed. 'Doesn't matter. Jeonghan is my human and he needs us now so let's bring him some... paint.'

'It's going to have so many bugs in it. And it's going to rot sooner or later' said the bunny eyeing the containtment of the bucket suspiciously.

'For now it will do' shrugged Dino.

A few minutes later Jeonghan, who was sitting on his bed while staring at his reflection in the mirror that was on his closet door, heard yelling from outside of his window. He turned there confusedly because he was sure he wasn't dreaming this time. It was proved because it wasn't the handsome man from yesterday climbing through his window, rather his friends flying inside. Well, flying is a bit of an overstatement.

Dino arrived floating to his window while constantly mumbling don't look down to himself with a bucket in his small hands and a bunny on his back, who was seemingly quite nauseous seeing the new height of Jeonghan's window. Dino tried to fly through the narrow window, but he got stuck midway. He moved around a bit and suddenly freed himself, resulting in him landing face first on Jeonghan's room's floor. Jisoo flew off the dragon's back and the bucket landed on the ground, luckily not spilling the paint they made.

Jeonghan watched the scene amusedly and chuckled.

'Impressive entrance, both of you' he said finally.

'Thank you, we practiced a lot' said Dino sarcastically. Jeonghan laughed and patted the dragon's head and the bunny's soft fur.

'What are you guys doing?' he wondered.

'We made you some paint!' exclaimed Jisoo gesturing at the bucket with his paws. Jeonghan looked inside the bucket that smelled like raspberries. They basically brought him a bucket of raspberry juice which was only one color and was most likely going to rot soon. But it's okay. It was still the sweetest gift he could receive from the duo.

'Thank you guys' he smiled.

'Oooh crap! We forgot one important thing!' frowned Dino. 'A paintbrush. Gothel destroyed all your brushes too' he said. How could he forget??

'Why don't you use this one?' spoke up Jisoo. The two turned in his direction and Jeonghan widened his eyes. The bunny was holding a silver paintbrush. 'I'm not entirely sure, but wasn't this originally a hairbrush?' asked Jisoo and handed over the brush to Jeonghan. The boy took it and examined it. It still seemed to be handmade just like his hairbrush, and it still had the carved letters on its side.

'I-I don't understand' he whispered to himself.

'Well, doesn't matter! You have a brush! You can paint now!' said Dino excitedly.

Jeonghan decided to give it a go and dipped the brush in the raspberry sauce, then looked around. The walls of his room had already had some flowers and motives he painted on them, so he decided to just paint something on the wall.

He knew he doesn't have any more colors, so he thought of painting something monochrome. Maybe the sky with clouds? He wished he had blue paint to paint the sky from the day before when he went to the village. It was so beautiful. He stepped to the wall and imagined the sky as he raised the brush.

Him, Dino and Jisoo all gasped as where the brush touched the wall, suddenly sky blue lines ran in all directions and beautiful blue sky appeared on the wall.

.

A/N: This was my favorite part of the movie :)) To be continued in the next chap! And thank you for 400 reads!! <3