This is the Part Where You Run

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    "When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain, good and evil, a savior and a lost cause. But what if the only real difference is just who's telling the story? My name is Nyx Saltzman. I come from a family of villains and heroes in the tales you've heard about vampires, werewolves, witches, and everything in between. The school behind these gates protects the secrets of people like me. And tonight, under the light of the full moon, we will be opening our doors to someone new."

                    It was late at night when a car stopped before a cathedral with a loud screech. A handsome, older-looking man steps out of the vehicle with green eyes, light freckles on his face, and short-cropped Ivy-league hair that is dark blonde. He was very tall and muscular, like a college football player. Two girls stepped out of the car; one was very beautiful and the shortest in the group with wavy auburn hair that went down her back. She has stunning light-colored blue eyes, full lips, and an amazing curvy figure. The last girl was just as beautiful as the second, with a tall, athletic, and lean body figure. Her hair is a naturally dark brunette color that only reaches her shoulders. The tall girl's chocolate-colored eyes fill with confusion as she sees a familiar boy with short, curly black hair and green eyes with a short, slim build sitting on the steps of the cathedral. "Landon," Both girls said in utter surprise as they stopped in front of the steps.

                    "Hope? Nyx?" Landon said in confusion as he looked at both girls he hadn't seen in a long time.

                    "You three know each other?" the older man asked as he walked up to the girls carrying a bag and a crossbow.

                    "Long story," Hope and Nyx said in unison as they looked at Landon. Suddenly yells and glass shattering could be heard from within the cathedral.

                    "Dad," Nyx said, catching her father's attention.

                    "Yeah, I'm on it," the older man said and walked up the steps and towards the closed doors of the cathedral. He pulled on the doors, but they wouldn't budge, "Doors are locked," he explained as Nyx walked up the steps and grabbed hold of each handle on the doors. Nyx yanks once, and the chains on the inside shatter allowing the doors to open. Landon's eyes widened in disbelief at what he had just seen.

                    "You're gonna want to stay out here, Landon, trust me," Hope said, walking past him and following Nyx into the cathedral with the older man behind them.

                    Instead of listening to Hope's warnings, he heads into the cathedral, where he finds his foster brother on the floor, yelling in pain. Sadness fills Nyx's eyes as she looks at the boy. He was an attractive young man with tall stature and an athletic build. His eyes kept changing from bright gold to a dark chocolate brown, similar to Nyx's. Sweat runs down from his short, slightly curled black hair and onto his smooth golden-brown skin. A preacher stood over the boy chanting in Latin with a cross in his hand as the boy's bones kept snapping in different places. Landon's foster parents watched from a distance with fear in their eyes. "And people wonder why I hate churches," Nyx said as she looked at the preacher in disgust.

                    "Shut down the exorcist, would you?" Nyx's father asked as he walked down the aisle.

                    "Silencio," Hope said with a wave of her hand, and the preacher's mouth disappeared. The young man continues to scream out in pain as his bones snap in different places. "Ad somnum," Hope said with a move of her hands, and all three adults surrounding the young man collapsed, now completely unconscious.