Hope is Not The Goal Part two

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    Nyx sat at a crowded table in Mystic Falls High School cafeteria. The table was full of two-faced people who claimed the title of Dana's friend. Honestly, Nyx was positive they didn't even know the true definition of the word friend. She did her best to look unbothered and even give her best Mikaelson smile, which seemed to daze many girls before they could even speak to her. On the inside, though, something dark whispered in her ear like a devil on her shoulder. Its sweet images of blood-stained tiles, ripped flesh, and satisfaction began to drown everything else out. Nyx rubs her temple, trying to block such thoughts from her mind, but the pangs of hunger are no longer mere whispers; they are screams echoing through her entire body. Each gnawing ache was a plea for mercy, a desperate cry for sustenance. Thoughts grew darker and revolved around what the people around her would taste like..... perhaps sweet like candied fruit. Nyx's teeth ached, a constant reminder of her true nature gnawing at her insides like a thousand tiny teeth. The students around her laughed and whispered secrets to each other, unaware of the danger they were in. The scent of sweet, metallic blood and warm flesh wafted from the girl in front of Nyx. The girl's pulse danced like a siren's call. Nyx clenched her fists, nails digging into her palms. The hunger seems to heighten her senses even more, causing her ears to pick up the sounds of lockers slamming shut in the hallways. A door opening stands out amongst the sound. A familiar heartbeat catches Nyx's attention, but the sound of it escalating causes her to stand abruptly and rush out of the cafeteria.

                    In the men's restroom, Landon backs up from the sinks, and Connor stalks forward with an emotionless expression. Landon tries to put on a brave face even though he is sure his heart will give out at any moment from beating erratically. "What?" he asks while straightening his back to look taller. Connor doesn't answer; instead, he continues to herd Landon into a corner. "All right, come on! Let's get this over with. What's it going to be? Toilet bowl? Trash can? Bloody nose? Say something, you dick!" Kirby yelled in frustration as his back collided with the cold tile wall. His breaths became shallow gasps, and he could feel the smooth texture of the tiled wall against his trembling palms. Connor stepped closer, his eyes unnaturally wide and black. His skin was pale, almost translucent, as he opened his mouth as if about to speak, revealing rows of jagged teeth. Landon's eyes widened in horror as he realized that Connor's tongue was not a tongue at all—it was a hairy, segmented appendage writhing like a snake. And then he saw the unmistakable glint of multiple eyes deep within Connor's throat. It lets out a guttural hiss, like the scraping of metal against metal that fills the bathroom. At that moment, Nyx barged in just as the beast was about to claim another victim. Landon's terrified eyes meet hers, and something shifts between them. She clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palm as her breath hitched. The ground trembled beneath her feet as her pupils turned into slits, and her irises shone a bright green. Landon throws his hands over his ears as a powerful scream escapes her lips. The sound reverberated through the air, shattering the silence. The monster in Connor's body turned toward her, its form twisting in agony. The scream caused the lights above them to burst, the mirrors to shatter, and the walls to tremble, cracking under the force. The monster wailed; their faces contorted in pain. 

                    Throughout the school, windows shattered as students collapsed with blood spilling from their ears. Hope stumbled out of the cafeteria, clutching her ears as fear filled her eyes. 'Nyx! Where was her Siren?' she thought as fear and panic filled her. Hope pushed through the pain and sprinted through the hallways, her breath ragged. Fear clawed at her chest, threatening to suffocate her. Mg and Enzo's strength faltered as they clung to Lizzie, shielding her ears from the scream. Nyx's scream intensified, reaching a crescendo. The creature within Connor forced its disguise to leap across the room, breaking through a small bathroom window and leaving pieces of flesh behind. Nyx collapsed to her knees, gasping for air. Her throat burned; her body drained. But Landon was safe. He rushes over to her, about to thank her, but she shakes her head, unable to speak. The siren's call was a curse that weighed heavy on her shoulders. It may have saved Landon, but the smell of blood told her it had hurt many. The bathroom door flings open, revealing a frantic Hope, but as her eyes find Nyx's, they fill with utter relief. She rushes forward and drops to her knees, pulling Nyx into a warm embrace, shocking the siren. "You're safe... You're safe," Hope whispered to herself. Her voice was trembling as she clung to Nyx. The siren could feel Hope's body shaking against hers. "I thought—I thought I'd never see you again," Hope murmured, her voice barely audible. Nyx's heart shattered at the pain in the tribrid's voice. She pulled away and brushed a strand of hair from Hope's face.