Chapter 10

Consider this your spice warning😉

I hop out of the shower and wrap the thin, white towel around my body. Why do hotels rarely have decent towels? I pick my phone up off the counter and scroll through my notifications, looking for anything from Lynne but coming up empty.

The door opens and Darren walks in, his black t-shirt hugging his biceps. "Gotta pee."

"And they say the romance dies once you're married." I roll my eyes.

"I can be romantic."

"I'm sure you can." I laugh.

"Crazier things have happened."

"If you insist."

He kisses me softly before washing his hands. "Oh, what was going on with Lynne when she called during breakfast today?"

"She called to tell me she's pregnant."

"Good for her. God, we're gonna have a niece or nephew. That's so weird. We're gonna be Uncle Darren and Aunt Kori."

"Yeah. And then she freaked out on me saying that I'm only with you for your money and she works harder than I do and she's the one who deserves to be taking spontaneous vacations."

"She said that?"

I nod.

"I know she's never liked me and I know I fucked up and justified that dislike, but taking it out on you isn't okay." He shakes his head. "If I felt like you were after my money, I'd leave. It's not her place to make those accusations and act like she knows anything about our marriage."

"I know."

"I know she's your sister and this all really sucks, but just ignore her when she says shit like that."

"I know."

"I hate that she said those things to you."

"So do I."

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

I shake my head. "I think she just needs time to cool off. It's probably just the hormones."

"Hopefully that's all it is."

I wrap my hair in my towel and before I can even think about reaching for my clothes, Darren is looking me over. "What?" I glance down at my body, checking for anything that might be different.

"You look amazing."

For some reason, that makes me blush.

"Thanks."

He takes a step toward me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"What are you doing?"

"If it's okay with her, I'd like to have sex with my wife before dinner."

Do I hate him? Absolutely. Were the three rounds after breakfast the best sex of my life? Unfortunately.

"I don't know, I'm pretty hungry." I shrug.

"Well, I guess I can wait until she's had something to eat. Probably a good idea anyway, she's not as good when she's in a bad mood."

"Wanna bet?"

"Maybe I do."

"Okay." I pull his shirt off before kissing him.

His hands explore my body, the drops of water still on my skin in a few areas giving me an idea. I take his pants off and reach into the shower to turn the water on.

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know." I pull the towel off my head and step into the shower, dragging him in with me.