Chapter 40/ Chapter 19

The floor was hard underneath Deku's back. Katsuki was asleep on top of him, shortly falling asleep after their chat in the middle of the night. It was slowly getting lighter outside, so it must've been around five or six in the morning. Deku chewed his lip, racking his brain and trying to come up with a solution. 

Would prison really be that bad? Is it prison that he's scared of? Is it the other villains? Or being truly labelled a villain? 

Or is it because it goes against everything he ever wanted? 

Because he wanted to be a hero. He wanted to be by Katsuki's side. He wanted to grow with Katsuki and live their life together. 

If Deku went to prison he could be in there for years! And then by the time he gets out Katsuki would be a pro hero, and he wouldn't missed it all. Maybe Katsuki would change his mind and find someone else. Then Deku would be released from prison and find the love of his life saving lives with somebody else.

It was inevitable right? Katsuki wouldn't want to be a pro hero dating a villain, who would? 

"Oi nerd, stop mumbling. It gives me the creeps," Katsuki said from on top of Deku. 

"Shut up," Deku mumbled. 

"Who the fuck are you telling to shut up?" Katsuki asked, moving his head so he could look at Deku. The green-haired boy was looking up at the ceiling. 

"You. Let me think," Deku said, and Katsuki rolled his eyes. 

"You're overthinking," Katsuki said and pushed up with his arms, holding himself above Deku. 

"What do you want?" Deku snapped. 

"How much sleep did you get?" Katsuki asked, his eyes narrowing at Deku. 

"Like two hours, if that," Deku said, and Katsuki sighed. 

"That's why you're so grumpy and panicky," Katsuki said, moving himself and sitting next to Deku. 

"I'm not grumpy and panicky," Deku countered. 

"Yes, you are. Probably hungry too, you haven't eaten since yesterday morning," Katsuki pointed out. 

"Kacchan I used to live like this, I know," Deku said, throwing his arm over his eyes. 

"And the Kacchan is back," Katsuki groaned. 

"At least Kacchan is a nice nickname," Deku mumbled. 

"You won't let me call you anything else," Katsuki protested. 

"That's because Deku is all I really had left of you. Izuku was just some quirkless kid with dreams too big for his little body," Deku explained, and Katsuki frowned. 

"Why don't you reclaim it?" Katsuki asked. 

"It's not easy. I can't even go and see my mother because every time I step foot in that house it feels like I just got home from school and I'm about to go upstairs and cut myself. Every time I step into that bedroom and see All Might all over the walls I'm just reminded of how fucking useless I am compared to everyone else," Deku said. 

"Is that why you stay with me at the dorms?" Katsuki asked, and Deku nods.

"Don't get me wrong, you've got as much All Might stuff as I do. It doesn't effect me the same way though," Deku said. 

"I see," Katsuki responds. 

"I'm going up to the roof, I wanna watch the sky," Deku says, and Katsuki nods in response. Katsuki watches Deku get up and walk up the nearby stairs, making his way to the roof.