17: locker room

INTO YOU!
© kotorii622

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN❝ how did she managed to make me feel like this? ❞

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
❝ how did she managed to make me feel like this? ❞

「 💙 」

THE [HAIR COLOR]-HAIRED woman groggily woke up, her eyes were still closed. she clumsily fumbled through her surroundings until she finally located her phone beside her.

"hello?"

"hey Y/N, this is kaori. just to let you know, we've got an earlier practice today that starts at 8 am. can you make it?" the familiar voice of your teammate in tennis, kaori, gently woke you up. you rubbed your eyes and reluctantly sat up in bed.

"absolutely! i might be a little late. but i'll definitely make it!" you replied cheerfully.

"oh, cool!" she responded, matching your energy. "no worries about being a bit late, as long as you can make it. see you there!"

with a brief nod, you finally hung up the call. yawning and rubbing your eyes, you scratched your head lazily. you looked at the clock in the wall, it's 7:02 in the morning.

initially perplexed by the early start of tennis practice, you couldn't help but wonder why it was scheduled for the same time as your classes. though it's not the first time it had happened, you were just worried that you have to miss classes for the practice.

despite your reservations about the timing, you swiftly went about your morning routine, washing your face, brushing your teeth, and hastily enjoying a breakfast prepared by your brother, who had already left for work.

with your tennis uniform done, you packed your casual uniform in your bag  as well your tennis racket.

your phone buzzed, and glanced at the screen, you noticed a message from xiao stating that he was already waiting for you at the front gate of your house.

you hurriedly locked the door, and upon spotting the guy standing outside taking in the peaceful morning scenery, you rushed over to greet him.

"ah sorry, did i took so long?" you began, he turned his head to see you. he shook his head, you two started to walk together.

"you have practice?" he asked, looking in your tennis uniform for a mere seconds and then in your eyes.

with a nod, you held your chin thoughtfully, glancing around the surroundings. "any chance you can inform our homeroom teacher and subject teachers about this?" you inquired, unsure of how long the tennis practice would last given kaori's call.

as you continued walking, you turned to look at xiao who still kept his gaze on you. in response, he simply replied "of course." before resuming walking and kept his gaze on the road.

hurrying toward the tennis field, you squinted to see who had already arrived. as it turns out, all your teammates were already there, except for you.

bidding farewell to xiao, you broke into a sprint, rushing to join the others.