Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Song for this Chapter: Little Wanderer by Death Cab for Cutie

Riley's Point of View

I awoke with a jolt, sitting up abruptly and breathing heavily. My legs were restricted in a fluffy comforter. I assumed I was in a hospital room, having remembered my past actions.

My theory was immediately proven wrong when I looked around to see I was in my room...my old room, the one I had before I moved in with the boys, the one I had in the house with my "parents."

I scratched my head and looked down to see I was wearing my favorite old t-shirt. The one I would wear to sleep every night it was clean, the one I forgot to bring to Sweden with me.

I pulled my old covers, the ones I had before the move, from my pale legs and placed my feet to the white carpet. My room in Sweden had wooden floors.

Scratching my head, I looked around my room to see my army-green painted walls, my desk directly across from my bed, my string lights hung in the exact place they were before the move and the world map taped above my bed, just like it had been before.

My room was exactly the same. I looked around in confusion until it dawned on me. The thought itself made me gasp in horror but, it was the only one that made the least bit of sense.

It had all been a dream. A lovely, horrific dream that I had awoken from to realize I was still living my boring, old life.

That couldn't be, it had felt so real. No dream of mine had ever been like that.

Walking downstairs, my slippers on the hard wood floors made a scuffling noise.

I heard murmurs of voices from below, two men and a woman. When I lived there it had been just me and my parents.

I pushed open the white swinging door leading to the kitchen. My parents' heads snapped around to meet mine. A boy with blonde hair who had been sitting with them didn't turn to look at me.

"Riley! Honey! Good morning!" My mother said cheerfully.

"Mom, where's Ogge?" I asked.

"Who's Ogge, honey?" She asked with concern laced in her voice.

"Ogge, my brother. The guy who took me away a while ago." I answered, worry probably etchings its way onto my facial features.

"You don't have a brother named Ogge, sweetheart." My father answered wearily, almost afraid of what my actions could be.

"But you do have me." The blonde boy said, finally turning around to meet my gaze.

He was significantly older than me and he was quite handsome, I'm positive I would remember a face like his.

"I've never met you before in my life." I replied, my eyes scrunching to show my confusion.

He smiled, standing up off the stool, revealing that he was very much taller than me and probably close to around 5'11. The way he towered over me frightened me ever so slightly.

"James Evans, but you can call me Jamie." He stuck his hand out to shake mine.

I shook his hand, "And how do I know you, Jamie?"

He pulled his hand away, still smiling widely, "Well, Riley, I'm your older brother."

Oh not this again.

"Not again." I groaned.

"Pardon?" He asked, chuckling.

"Let me guess, your my older brother who's come to find me and now we have to move to another country where I'll live with you and your three idiotic friends."

"No," he started, "but we will be moving to the other side of the country, no friends, just you and me."

"Well what's the sob story on how we got separated?" I asked.

The smile dropped from his face. "Mom and dad split up a while ago. Mom moved back home with her family, leaving dad with us. It was too painful for him to look at us because we supposedly reminded him to much of her. He dropped us off at an adoption center and drove off. I never saw him or mom ever again. I didn't care, too. I only cared to find you, you never tried to hurt me, you were always there for me."

"And how old are you, Jamie?" I asked.

"I am 21, and you are 15, correct?" I nodded even though he seemed confident in his statement.

"How old were we when they left us?" I asked as if suddenly intrigued by this topic only.

"I was 8, you were 2. You don't remember because these nice people adopted you a month after we got to the center. I've never been adopted, I lived in the adoption center my entire life until I was 18." He answered solemnly.

"One last question Jamie."

He smiled, "And that is?"

"When do we leave?"

---------------------------------

SO HERE'S THE SEQUEL! Okay so I know that the boys aren't in it but have patience, they're coming back soon! Picture of Jamie, Riley, Riley's pajamas and Riley's room on the side.