40 | Requiem

Cyrus
XL

After Michael, the healing was not an issue but the nausea and fatigue proved too troublesome for Cyrus and Aiden to merely walk off. So for once, they listened to the sheriff and rode at the back of the ambulance towards the hospital for a proper check-up.

Luckily for them, all their wounds had fully healed before the nurses could take a look at them.

A few tests, drips, and light medication later and Cyrus was comfortably seated in a hospital room by himself. Well as comfortable as someone who had been attacked by a monster and then almost drowned in an attic. Outside was a bit frantic, with everyone Michael had put to sleep waking up simultaneously to see a few rooms had been completely destroyed. They had to wall that entire section off but luckily, there was only one casualty; Max.

Christian had just left him to go check on Aiden a few doors down. Cyrus didn't mind. For the first time today, he felt a sense of calm rush over him. It was done. Michael had been dealt with and everyone he hurt can find peace knowing that he will never hurt anyone ever again. Still, Cyrus shuttered at what the ash did to him. All the blood pouring out and his inability to use his powers. It seemed awful that such a thing existed but without it, the night would have gone completely different.

The Sheriff made a clever cover-up saying Michael orchestrated the entire thing with gas bombs to render everyone at the hospital unconscious and kill Max in his hospital room and everyone sorta just rolled with it. There was enough evidence to convict Michael even without the magic so regardless, there was no one else people could focus the blame on. The Sheriff also stretched the truth a little more saying Michael kidnapped all three of the boys but he was able to disarm him before he could kill us. It was better than explaining magical sacrifices; something Cyrus wasn't too sure the Sheriff had a good understanding of from what they managed to tell him. At least he was finally able to arrest Hazel's killer and now an adult they can actually trust knows about magic too.

The smell of sweet lavender perfume hit Cyrus right before his aunt burst through the door and crashed onto the bed with tears in her eyes.

"Cyrus thank goodness you're okay!" She cried out. Nestling herself on his chest, she let out everything she had built up. "How could I have been so stupid? I brought that man into our house. If something had happened to you I don't know what I would do-"

Wetness pooled over his hospital gown but he didn't mind. He placed a hand at the back of her head brushing her hair back to soothe her. Her clothes were wrinkled and all over the place. She had to have sped over here as soon as she woke up inside the house. OH NO, THE HOUSE!!

"Aunt Rose I am so sorry about the house!" he panicked. "I will replace everything I swear! I will get a job or something!"

She chuckled, raising her head. A small smile formed on her lips and she chuckled, the tears never truly stopping. "I was worried about you and you're worried about my kitchen?"

It did sound kind of silly when she phrased it that way.

He continued to rub her back as she wrapped him in a hug. Still a bit sore, at first it stung a bit but for once, he could ignore the pain if it meant his aunt was okay. They both were.

"If you don't mind," Cyrus said. "Can I ask you a huge favor?"

She perked up ready to listen. Before that, however, they were interrupted by Rowan walking into the room. Catching sight of Cyrus and his aunt he hesitated, already making his way to turn around and head back out. Cyrus urged him to stay, examining the bandages on his forehead and face from where the bruises were earlier.