Chapter Twenty One - 'You Saved Me'

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

TW/CW: Anxiety Attacks || Comfort || Guilt || Hints/Mentions of Suicide Attempt(s)

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

BACK TO PRESENT DAY [Year: Early Feb. 2025]

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️

Everyone just stared stunned at what the emo just let out to everyone in the room - but Kokichi just stared at the ground. Their breath was shaky and barely even audible with the silence that even followed.

"I..." Kokichi spoke, unable to complete the sentence due to what they were just told. They were just told they almost killed their own fucking boyfriend back then without realising - heck, they were friends then too!

Thankfully, the detective seemed to have heard the supreme leader speak and gave a sympathetic sigh.

"Kokichi, listen–"

"SHUT UP!" The grape shrieked, before stumbling to the ground as they held their own hands to try and calm down. 

It didn't work. 

Nothing was working - and they felt themselves losing more and more oxygen. They couldn't look at the detective, they couldn't look at anyone. They felt ashamed for what they did - even if it seemed like the detective forgave them, but Kokichi couldn't really forgive themselves. 

They weren't even able to then and that was prior to the knowledge of that person being Shuichi! The detective rushed towards his Lil' Grape and did his best to hold the supreme leader up the best they could with just one arm.

"Makoto, is there a quiet room around?" Shuichi immediately asked the brunette instantly - only for the boy to nod in response and beckoned the two to follow him, and despite being hesitant thanks to everything - Kokichi let the poor detective guide them to the room Makoto was taking them to so they could be alone and relax for a bit. Possibly even talk too.

While those three went off - it only left Nagito and Byakuya in the room with the crime scene. The blonde just looked towards the stunned ultimate luck and just huffed in frustration.

"I know this situation will be difficult but I fear–"

"Take Shuichi off this case." Nagito demanded abruptly as they turned to face the affluent progeny with seriousness in their grey looking eyes. Togami just blinked before pushing his glasses up as a nervous form of habit.

"Why should I do tha–"

"Because if he is part of this case - he has a high chance that he will die." Nagito spoke bluntly, yet there was care in those words. The fluff-ball wanted to make sure Shuichi would be safe, and didn't want to see their fiancé's best friend be practically murdered by a green haired demon child.

"Well what else can we do?" Byakuya huffed, "There isn't really another 'Ultimate Detective' as I doubt Makoto would want Kyoko to take part."

"There... is one person." They responded as they continued to think, and Byakuya's eyes widened before he responded professionally.

"I believe I know who you are talking about. Just head back to the get together and try not to alarm everyone. We want to keep things calm for now till tomorrow when I will announce what happened." The affluent progeny spoke without any emotion waving in between - initiating for Nagito to do a salute hand signal and walking past, but only stopped at the door and sighing.