𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Gif

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Thank y'all so much for coming. I know it is super last minute." Simone said as she helped Amara and Soraya cook in the woman's kitchen.

"Please. We were not gonna miss the opportunity to celebrate our girl making the tennis team." Nate said as she walked over the girls in the kitchen. "Okay!" Kendra said as she walked over and hugged her new teammate from the back.

"And it looks like you're not only being celebrated here." Keisha said, showing Simone her phone to see the Yard Yack posts where she was hitting a split as she hit the tennis ball.

"Oh my. Girl you was going crazy, wasn't it?" Soraya said as she glanced at the phone. "Yeah she did" Amara praised. "You look so good, girl." Deja said, looking at the photo. "That's what's up." Damon praised. "Going crazy."

Keisha playfully cleared her throat, making everyone look at her. Soraya looked over at her to see the girl looking her way with a smirk. Swiping up so everyone could see the next post, which was Soraya's beam routine from earlier. "And let's not pretend like we all didn't see this video. Not only is it on Yard Yack, it's on news websites." Keisha said, showing everyone the video of Soraya's flawless flips and her terrific triple axel. The room erupted into ooh's and ahh's all through out the video, while Soraya just continued to cook with her head down.

"Oh, girl you did your thing. That was amazing." Simone spoke up, smiling at Soraya. Everyone else started to chime in with their own praises. "And looked beautiful while doing it, now that's a skill." Nate chimed in, making Keisha point at him in agreement. "Flawless." Deja said.

"If that gold medal isn't yours, just know imma be pissed." Damon said, pointing at her as he squinted his eyes, making Soraya laugh. Amara looked at him with a chuckle. "You and me both." She said, playfully nudging the girl next to her. Soraya thanked them for all their kind words and praises before going back to looking at the food she cooked.

"Yeah, but I don't know what them other girls are looking like. Sometimes I feel like I don't work hard enough." She sighed, not looking up at them. Her conversation with Enzo coming back to her mind. At the time, she had nothing to do but defend herself. She didn't want to look like some whimp in front of him. But after it all went down, she couldn't help but think maybe his words were right.

"Yeah, I get how you feel. I still lost Queen of the Court to Kendra." Simone said but with a smile still on her face.

Kendra looked up at the girl once the video finished, walking over and lightly slapped her shoulder. "Don't act like that. You know you killed it. I can't wait until next week's tournament. Imma be out there like a proud mama." Kendra said, pretending to fake cry as she held a hand up to her face and the other out in a stop motion. The room laughed at her while Soraya smiled a little. She then looked off in thought. Has my mom been to any of my competitions?... She asked herself.

"And Simone, don't make me pull out my racket and beat you with it. You're still on the team and you still killed it." Kendra said once she broke character, giving Simone a fake glare. "It's still my court though, don't get it twisted." She said, look the girl up and down, causing the room the laugh.

"Look at my girls." Nate piped up, looking at the two girls. "Both of your roads have been bumpy as hell but yall managed to get everything y'all needed." Nate told them, wrapping her arms around them both as she stood between them.