A day to remember

In the land of Eternity, a festival was about to start and so the majority of the citizens of Narukami island were preparing for it, while the decorations all over the streets made the atmosphere much more festive. Many people were already in Ritou to celebrate, though their number could not compare to later in the evening. Most of the stands weren't even open yet, their owners were hastily arranging and placing goods on the shelves, so that they could open as soon as possible and welcome their early customers. 

Meanwhile, in Mondstadt, a certain blonde was sharing a bottle of fine Dandelion wine early in the morning with one of the nation's most talented bards. The two of them were sitting at their usual spot- on a branch of the large tree in Windrise- their feet swinging off the edge leisurely. Aether was starting to feel slightly dizzy and attempted to stop the Archon from refilling the now empty glass that the two of them had swiftly swiped from Angel's Share. Venti gave up on trying to get the blonde to drink any more and his mind started drifting to other things. The Anemo Archon remembered something Aether had told him a few days ago about a festival happening in Inazuma and his sister using that as an opportunity to go on a date. The bard's mind was far more hazed than Aether's as he had done a lot more drinking, as he asked him about his sister.

"She's doing well, today she'll go to this festival in Inazuma with that girl she likes, Ayaka. She's probably getting ready right now." Said the blonde, admiring the view of the city of Freedom ahead of him.

"Are those two lovebirds together yet?" Venti questioned, even though he still hadn't completely processed Aether's words.

"Not yet. I suspect they will be after tonight, though." The former Abyss Prince answered honestly.

"Congratulate her on my behalf if they do, please." The bard requested of the blonde who replied with a nod. "Will do."

That conversation flew away along with the breeze and the two of them discussed of times long gone, such as the time they first met each other or even things that happened way before that, bringing them sorrow. They both found comfort in each other, allowing the soft reassuring wind to carry the weight off their shoulders and to a distant land, so that they wouldn't be able to feel, find or even think about it.

That day, in the Serenitea Pot, Lumine got up earlier than usual this time, the excitement she was feeling didn't allow much sleep, so she didn't stay in bed for long. She had to get ready, afterall for the festival she would attend with Ayaka. So, she showered and meticulously brushed her hair and teeth, ensuring she was clean and didn't smell bad. All the fighting she was doing on a daily basis had caused her to tend to stink, something she could never allow to happen on that specific day. Things just had to be absolutely perfect, was what she thought, making her overthink about anything that could go wrong and practise what she would say over and over again. 

She wanted to have a talk with her brother, as he would be able to reassure her that things would go well and that she had no reason to worry so much, but he seemed to be missing at that time, despite the early hour. She made a mental note to investigate her brother's constant absence later. She had a gut feeling telling her that Aether was with his special someone, but that was just a hunch and she wasn't one to rely on those, so she would talk about it with him another time. Of course, she only wanted to know that her brother was in good hands, so she wouldn't have to worry about him. 

The Traveler passed her morning rereading her favourite chapters from the books she had stored in her little library. One of her personal favourites was titled "The Fox in the Dandelion Sea", and even though it was a children's book, the story seemed a little weird to be addressed to kids; it had even baffled her the first time she read it. When she had first picked it up, it had gotten her thinking about the famous Dandelion Sea, but now reading the book helped her relive her experiences in that magical place. Oh, how she wanted to go back there and admire the majestic view, how she wanted to bring a certain Princess there with her...